Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

New to this...

Hi ladies,

We lost our pregnancy today at 5 1/2 weeks.  I think I'm still pretty numb/in shock about it.  We were excited to share the news with our families about the pregnancy at Christmas.  All of the fun "we're pregnant!" gifts are wrapped and under our tree and now I need to go through them all.  

Feeling like I just want to crawl in a hole and hide from the world.  :(

How have some of you gotten through this?  It was our first pregnancy.

Jessica

HPT 11/8/2012 EDD 7/29/2013 M/C 11/29/2012

Re: New to this...

• Options
    Hi Jessica,
    I am so sorry and all I can say is that going through this absolutely stinks!! I just had my 3rd mc last week and I am totally sick about it but finally able to get through the day without crying. Every day is a little better. I totally know how you feel about the upcoming holidays... I also planned to tell all my friends that I was 12 weeks around Christmas... We all plan so ahead and get so excited its just so hard. Please know that you are not alone although I know it can feel that way at times.... These groups are really helpful!
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. This was also my 1st pregnancy and should have been finding out right around Christmas if the baby was a boy or girl. I experience a variety of emotions but each day does get a little better. It just sucks that we have to experience this when we just want to have a family. I hope you find support on these boards. They have been helpful to me.
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    These boards have helped me a lot. Just remind yourself that you are not alone! I was so utterly depressed afterwards my family surrounded me, this helped. Keep your chin up! It's such a hard thing to go through and know we are all here for you!

Best of wishes to you! Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.
    Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • Options
    I am sorry I know how hard it is. We were planning on telling our family at thanksgiving which we were hosting I was so excited and it seemed like perfect timing but then over Halloween I lost the baby. Even though I had been doing okay thanksgiving was really tough. All the happiness I was going to share with the families was gone and now I had to cook a giant meal I didn't even want to eat! I suspect Christmas will be hard for you but when it is done I hope you get a little closure. Stay strong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"