TTC After a Loss

~*~ Nonbeliever / Non-religious Check-in ~*~

Happy Thursday, Ladies!  Sorry this is a bit late (I suck at check-ins Huh?)

This check-in group is intended for those of us who would like to connect with like-minded TTCALers for the purpose of providing non-religious support, which we may have difficulty finding elsewhere. We grieve differently than those with more mainstream religious views, and may also feel uncomfortable sharing our grieving process with others for this reason. There is a lack of communities and support structures available to non-religious individuals; I hope we can build one here.

***Please note, this group is NOT intended to offend anyone of religious faith.***

In order to try to eliminate any potential drama, and to avoid offending other posters, here are some ground rules to keep the peace. Please let me know of anything you think should be added or changed.

Ground rules:

~ Please keep these threads respectful, to each other and to the women with differing views who may read the posts. Our goal is support.
~ Though the topic of religion will inevitably be a frequent point of discussion, please refrain from anything that would likely be interpreted as bashing other religions. This is not the place for that. Yes, share your thoughts and experiences, but keep it tasteful.
~ Of course all posters are welcome here, but let's avoid theological debates on this thread. There are plenty of places on the web for theological debates. There aren't plenty of places for support for non-religious TTCALers.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Members
If you would like to be added to the check-in, post here and I will add you to the list of members. 

alysiasienicki - spiritual but not religious
BootsOrHearts - spiritual but not religious
dandywarhol - nonbeliever
eroplane - atheist
heather52904 - atheist
jalara48 -
JennOH85 - agnostic
Kateinthecity - agnostic
katharine25 - it's complicated
lindseyanne79 - agnostic/spiritual
LSzwaya - agnostic/spiritual
mdharrison - spiritual but not religious
MissMheMhe - agnostic
mlal78 - agnostic
MsAmandaPants - it's complicated / agnostic/atheist
pkaren - agnostic
rachaelhudson - spiritual
RedPhoenix625 - atheist
RequiresExalted - agnostic
shellyco - atheist
SwittyMcGee - atheist
Veganlady - agnostic
wickedsugar - spiritual but not religious
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTW: 'Tell us something positive that has come from your lack of belief or participating in mainstream religion?  Either TTCAL-related or not.

Also, tell us a food that makes your stomach turn.  Bonus points for a food that most people enjoy. 

Hope everyone's having a great week!

PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
So lost.
imageimage
imageimage

Re: ~*~ Nonbeliever / Non-religious Check-in ~*~

• QOTW: I guess since I am not devoted to any specific religion or belief system I can adopt ideas from all different religions, spiritualities etc.

Ham. I hate ham.
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    born: 12/31/09
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
    11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
    M/C: 4/09/11 5w
    CP: 12/26/2011 
    CP: 1/28/2012 
    MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
    Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
    CP 11/24/2012 
    Rainbow Violet 
    born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 
  • I think in general I'm a lot more open minded about other people's faith because I don't hold to one. I pick and choose concepts from lots of religions to form my own "belief system", and I think that in whole makes me a lot more accepting of everyone else's beliefs. I only become a judgy mcjudgerson when other people have no room for consideration of another point of view. That's a positive thing right?

Really, I just wanted to answer the 2nd non-religious question.

I HATE BANANAS!!!!

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I think open-mindedness would be the answer for me. I have a particular friend that seriously believes that she will go to hell and so will I if she doesn't try to convert or change me. I just can't fathom being so damned closed minded, believing that your way is the only way. UGH!

I hate tomatoes! I can't stand the slimy sh!t that gets left over in salads when out to eat because I have to pick them out.

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"