October 2012 Moms
Options

Please tell me this is normal

LO had half his shots today. His ped does half at 6 and half at 10 instead of all at 8weeks. I thought he was taking it well but now he's drowsy, screams every few minutes, falls asleep for a few min, then all over again. He won't nurse either, he just screams. Please tell me this is normal. How long does it last? Tylenol or not? And how am I supposed to pump if he won't let me put him down?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Please tell me this is normal

• Options

Go ahead and give him Tylenol, he might be a little sore and uncomfortable. It's normal for him to be fussier than normal. It's normal for him to want to sleep more, and he might sleep better after the Tylenol. C wasn't really fussier, she slept most of the evening on and off after her shots. We gave her one dose of Tylenol and that seemed to keep her comfy. Also try a warm bath, that can help. We did this and she was pretty much back to normal 24 hours later.

Don't be alarmed if he gets a little fever, that's normal too. Just keep your eye on it. Hope the little guy feels better.

• Options
    I would call your pedi and ask. Ds hasn't had his shots yet but when dd did she was very fussy and sleepy. It's prob the best she ever slept! That was her 2 month shots. After that round of shors she had no reactions. The dr told me only to give tylonol if she has a fever but every dr gives different advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try sitting Indian style and putting LO in the "nest," to pump. At least I call it the nest! I do this on occasion with my LO.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with Tylenol I pre dosed my dd and will with DS too. Every baby is different but it's normal what you're describing and I'm sure Tylenol will help. Idk about the 6 and 10 weeks though? I guess every dr is different too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How soon can you give Tylenol? I thought it was for babies 2 years and up for some reason
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"