Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Has your belly skin gotten any better???

I had my son five months ago. I lost all of my baby weight and was back into my pre-pregnancy clothes at 3 months pp. I work very hard at it. I work out 5 days a week and have an excellent diet. I still have all my extra skin on my belly but I have strong abs underneath (I do tons of core work which at this point I'm thinking is a waste of time) that will probably never be seen again. Does the skin ever snap back or at this point is it what it will be like forever? It seems like mine hasn't improved in the slightest bit. Has anyone else's improved? It looks awful!

Re: Has your belly skin gotten any better???

• Mine is so awful still. I feel like I can't work out too much yet cause my belly area still feels so weird post csection. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagealizabethanne:
    Mine is so awful still. I feel like I can't work out too much yet cause my belly area still feels so weird post csection. 

I had a c-section too. It was awful. Sometimes I think about getting a tummy tuck but I would never go through anything similar to a c-section for vanity reasons. I don't know, maybe I'm a wimp. My doctor did tell me I have about a year to really know what I'm left with for extra skin. I'll just do the best I can and see what I end up with.

• Loading the player...
  • What kinds of core work are you doing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do Pilates and yoga as well as a circuit training class. My obgyn told me I could do 500 situps a day and it won't make a difference because its not my muscles, it's the skin. Sucks.
  • Ok yeah Pilates and Yoga are definitely the best for the core. If you were just doing crunches and stuff it would just make your tummy bulge more. From what I've read/heard, the loose, saggy skin is genetic and there's nothing that can be done about it naturally. I'm in the same boat right now and I absolutely hate it. I had DS 5 months and a week ago and I'm thankful to have lost the weight, but the muffin top in my jeans is killing me.
  • guys, you are depressing me!!!!  With my 1st...no loose skin whatsoever...went right back to a nice flat tummy.

Not this time though...i have a stupid muffin top!!  I'm wearing big ugly t-shirts and stuff...i'm embarrassed by the muffin top.  :(:(    I don't think i'll ever be able to wear nice stuff again :(

• It's true, it has only been 5 months and doctors have said to wait at least a year to know what I'll end up with. My skin does not sag when I am standing up straight it's just when I hunch down or sit down. I just got finished seeing my cosmetic dermatologist and she said that my skin isn't as bad as I think and that once I'm done having children I would be a perfect candidate for a laser procedure and that these new laser procedures are being perfected and improved dramatically each year. I hope she's right!
  • 2 words: Belly Bandit!!!!!!  Can't stress this enough.  My tummy was flat 8 days after birth.  I wore it every day all day for about a month and a half pp and I never had saggy belly or muffin top and still don't.  I'm not sure if its too late for you to use it but you can try. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemnb311:
    2 words: Belly Bandit!!!!!!  Can't stress this enough.  My tummy was flat 8 days after birth.  I wore it every day all day for about a month and a half pp and I never had saggy belly or muffin top and still don't.  I'm not sure if its too late for you to use it but you can try. 

Haha, yeah I think that ship has sailed for me considering I'm 5 months out but thanks for the suggestion. 

• It might still help tighten things up, you never know until you try :)  if you don't want to spend the money on it, use an ace bandage and wrap it tightly around you.  People in other countries have being doing this for decades, its really the only way to prevent the flab.  Well that, and not gaining too much during pregnancy.  Anyway I def recommend it if you ever have another one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat as you back to PP weight all my clothes fit, etc but nasty loose skin. I also have some weird skin right above my belly button it isn't stretch marks but it definitely looks like it took the biggest beating stretch wise so maybe it is a form of stretch mark? Anyways just wanted to say I'm planning on getting laser as well just trying to decided on the best kind/place. Also have you tried a body wrap? I have asked for a spa gift certificate for Christmas to try this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"