Breastfeeding

low BM supply

I had a good supply when my hubby was home helping but the last week i had him home i got bad fevers and got really sick due to mastitis. I am taking antibiotics now but my bm supply is virtually gone, and now that its just me and my LO by ourselfs thru the day i can't spend more then 5 min at the pump before my supply just cuts off. I've tried everything to get my production back, but i hate pumping, and my son just doesn't want to latch to me to feed. I'm stressed and need advice. Help please!

Re: low BM supply

• When i said no more then 5 min pumping, that was the length of time that i have BM flowing, then the next 15min our so is nothing, its been this way for almost 5 days. My baby is just under 3 weeks old. And I'm renting a pump from the hospital. But you said that there is still a chance to correct my LOs latch?
  • It's not too late to work on his latch! An LC should be able to help with that and make it a positive experience for both of you.

Are you massaging while you pump? Or looking at pictures of your baby? Try to relax and that might help.

I am not sure what you have tried to up your supply, so I'm not sure what ideas to recommend to you. Nursing often is the best way to boost it, so hopefully when the latch is worked out, that will help. You could also try fenugreek or power pumping if you haven't already.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"