LGBT Parenting

Timing help pls

Hey guys! Just finished up at the clinic for monitoring, sixth day in a row CD 14 and looks like we're ready! I'm a bit concerned cause they told me to trigger tonight at 8 and come tomorrow at 9am. I'm freaking a bit about the time as everything I have read suggests to iui 2436hrs after the trigger. Nervous cause frozen sperm doesn't live that long. The nurse said if I don't hear from her tonight to come tomorrow am. These were my levels after bloodwork today: Estrogen 1517.0, LH 22.78, progesterone 0.43 and 120mm follie.

I'm worried that this is too early. So confused. Can anyone shed some light? thanks :
Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/

Re: Timing help pls

• I don't know the answer, since this isn't the route that we took, but I wanted to wish you luck!
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • With an LH that high, it sounds like your body is already surging on its own.  The trigger is supposed to cause your body to surge and ovulate but once your body is already naturally surging, you have to go with your body's schedule and not the trigger's.  Once the LH surge is detected, you have to do the IUI within about 24 hours.  At that point the trigger is just for an extra "boost."  If this is the case, I'm surprised your RE's office did not explain this to you.

I surged naturally in 2 cycles and was told to trigger that night and come in for IUI the next morning.  I just went back and checked my LH levels on those cycles and they were all in the 20s for the last monitoring appointment before IUI.  My LH levels on days I was not surging were in the teens.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ball.and.chain - I am glad you responded, I learned something here! I read the OP and thought, 'No, that's wrong!' based on my (limited) experience. What you're saying makes perfect sense though. 

That's what I love about this board, I always learn something! 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• imageclairmeij:
    ball.and.chain I am glad you responded, I learned something here! I read the OP and thought, 'No, that's wrong!' based on my limited experience. What you're saying makes perfect sense though.nbsp;nbsp;That's what I love about this board, I always learn something!nbsp;

Glad to be of service!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you Jen! That is a beautiful lil bean you have. Congratulations!

Thanks ball.and.chain!! I sure hope you are right! 

Jrt my LH was over 22 at 6:30am blood draw yesterday so I think I was surging on my own and my iui was at 9am this morning so about 27 hrs later. So we shall see. I am closely monitored and my Dr's goal is to get ME pregnant and I'm sure hoping he does!   

Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"