September 2011 Moms

Craigslist carseat

My mom wants a car seat for when she has Owen. would you buy a car seat in "good condition" from Craigslist?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Craigslist carseat

• No! Please don't. Even if the carseat looks good it may have been in a wreck or something else. I wouldn't trust it. It's not recommended to buy a used a carseat.
  • Nope, never.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • I would never buy one from CL.  That said, when we are done, with the infant carriers at least, I may list them on there.  Not to make a buck, but to maybe help out a struggling mom who needs a seat but doesn't know better than to trust people on CL.  At least I will know the seat I am selling is safe.
  • imagetoriwc:
    I would never buy one from CL.nbsp; That said, when we are done, with the infant carriers at least, I may list them on there. Not to make a buck, but to maybe help out a struggling mom who needs a seat but doesn't know better than to trust people on CL.At least I will know the seat I am selling is safe.

This. I just sold my infant seat to a lady who needed it very badly. But I know my carseat was safe. I'd never trust anyone enough to buy from CL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks! I won't buy it. I guess we will continue switching the carseat from car to car
  • imagehoot179:
    Thanks! I won't buy it. I guess we will continue switching the carseat from car to car

How  much is she willing to spend? You can get a Cosco one at Walmart or $40Smile
    We have a Britax in DH's car and then just a Cosco one in mine. We never drive my car so he's barely ever in it but it's still a good, safe carseat.
  • imagecmoosey:

imagetartertots9725:
    imagehoot179:
    Thanks! I won't buy it. I guess we will continue switching the carseat from car to car

How  much is she willing to spend? You can get a Cosco one at Walmart or $40Smile
    We have a Britax in DH's car and then just a Cosco one in mine. We never drive my car so he's barely ever in it but it's still a good, safe carseat.

Ditto Cosco.  We have one in DH's car also.  Its not as cushy padding wise for his tush, but it does the job just as well.

I think this is a good idea.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"