September 2011 Moms

S/O words...

Anyone else have an LO who does say a lot of words? According to the internet, the average number of words for this age is 3 to 5. Carter says close to 50. And I'm talking words he uses on his own, not just repeats. Sometimes I can't even believe what he says!

Also, does anyone else feel like people will think they are bragging when you talk about your LO's abilities? I am always afraid that I will come off that way...even though there are plenty if things he can't do. I mean, the kid didn't roll over until he was 8 months old! Haha
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O words...

• M says a lot of words too. Sometimes when I answer questions or make a thread, I feel like I'm bragging, but I think it's just being a proud mama. We all brag some way or another because our LO's are all so different, and of course we all think our LO's are the greatest.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bragger over here! Kaiden says a lot of words, maybe 25ish.

I do feel like I am bragging sometimes, but I know my kids are the best... 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Halle has a lot of words, and right now is picking up new ones daily.  It actually keeps catching me by surprise because Kai was a really late talker ... So I keep expecting pure babble, and instead get intentional clear words.  Lol.

And nothing wrong with being proud of our babies! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD says quite a few words but not anywhere near 50.
    And yeah I get the bragging thing sometimes I feel that way but DD isn't advanced at everything. Just like other babies shes fast at somethings and slow at others so I just hope others realize that when I'm being braggy. Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • L probably says 20ish words.  It's hard not to sound braggy when talking about our LOs accomplishments.  They all have different things they're good at.  There's just such a big range of what's normal for this stage.

• 50 is a lot! I think o is somewhere around 20 last count, adding 1 to 2 a week lately and some more clear then others.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemanda26:
    50 is a lot! I think o is somewhere around 20 last count, adding 1 to 2 a week lately and some more clear then others.

It is ridiculous! And he learns more everyday! They are so random, too. His most recent words are coat, toes, and Minnie. Haha
  • 50?! Wow!

Max says 10 or so words. He went from 1 to 10 in a span of 2 weeks. I am pretty proud of that! 

• I think we have a lot of words - maybe 25 that she knows and can understand and point to etc.  I don't think it seems high or low it is just her.  We got the short stick on sleep so maybe instead of sleeping she's coming up with lots of words to talk sooner.  We'll see. 
  • imagebluejetta:
    I think we have a lot of words maybe 25 that she knows and can understand and point to etc. nbsp;I don't think it seems high or low it is just her. nbsp;We got the short stick on sleep so maybe instead of sleeping she's coming up with lots of words to talk sooner. nbsp;We'll see.nbsp;

We've always had a crappy sleeper here, too. Maybe you're right, they practice talking when they should be sleeping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"