Breastfeeding
Options

Cold vs. Warm Milk

Any moms have suggestions on whether or not the BM is best warm?

DS is 4.5 months and in DC he usually has three 6 oz. bottles per day.  At first he was having his bottles warmed, but now he holds his own bottle and I have noticed he has NO patience and wants his bottle ASAP. We EBF when I am home and if he is with DH...he gets a bottle...usually room temp.

I told his teacher that she can give him cold bottles and he seems to be doing fine with that. He does not seem to have any gassy side effects. He has always had spit up problems because he is greedy and over-indulges but the cold bottles are not a problem.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen adverse side effects with the cold bottle. I am thinking it might need to be room temp....but my DC is weird about the handling of BM. They tend to be overly cautious with it. Anyways...anyone have any BM temp suggestions?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image

Re: Cold vs. Warm Milk

• Options

We were taught to give him his bottle cold, so we always have.

And I have to say, when you eventually transition to WCM, I think this makes a big difference.  Daycare said my guy was easier to transition than any of his classmates who all were used to warm milk/formula.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's good to know. I think we will keep him with the cold BM then! Thanks for your help.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"