Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Buying baby jewelery?

My daughter will be 10.5 months at Christmas. We have lots on hand-me-down clothes and toys, so she doesn't really need anything, but I still want to get her a Christmas gift. I was thinking of getting her a simple bracelet (not id bracelet) in either gold or silver. Can I just get from a regular jeweler or is there something that makes baby bracelets different?

I love these but worry about choking

https://www.etsy.com/listing/115057695/mother-daughter-jewelry-mommy-and-me?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=mom+daughter+bracelets&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

Do you think she will wear it or break it? Other ideas for a keepsake type gift I can give her?

Re: Buying baby jewelery?

• Total choking hazard. The children's size chart probably starts at age 4 for a reason. I'd wait until she's older for this sort of thing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • An ornament maybe?? Does she have her ears pierced, earrings?

You can get children's bracelets that are a cuff style, much less likely to break and still dainty and beautiful. I've even seen them at walmart! I wouldn't get that one off of Etsy because it looks very delicate. 

We had a custom necklace done on Etsy for M's 1st birthday this weekend. I mean she isn't going to be sitting around in it 24/7, and definitely not unsupervised. It was something special she'll have for many years, fit her party theme, we call her "bunny" and we had it done with her birthstone.

We're getting her a pair of earrings for Christmas (real birthstone ones, I always had a new pair of earrings in my stocking growing up) and we're getting her a special ornament (something we'll also do every year).

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I would stay away from necklaces and bracelets for a couple of years. They are a choking hazard and will probably get broken and lost anyway. If DD's ears are pierced, buy her a pair of nice earrings. If they aren't, consider getting them pierced now, because it will only be more traumatic later on if you are planning on doing it. My mom got both DDs diamond earrings (bigger than mine!!!). My younger daughter won't be wearing them for a while, but the older one never takes them out. There is a special mechanism on the backs that you have to push both sides for it come off, but doesn't pinch LO's ears to do so. Everyone compliments her on them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww, the bunny necklace is so cute.

I love the ornament idea too!

Her ears aren't pierced and we were planning on waiting. Maybe my bracelet idea is a bad one, but I see so many id bracelets.... I am going to the mall tomorrow maybe I will find a cute cuff one. Thanks everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"