August 2011 Moms
Options

Indian buffet fail

I went with my mom and sister to an Indian buffet today. They always seat us in the back with any other families that have small children. Which, is fine by me, if my kids are going to act up I'd rather have it happen around other parents with small children.

Except for today... We were right next to a mom, dad and their 18 month old. Both my my boys were acting up. They ate an okay amount of food and variety but then Liam gets on the floor under the table and Jack is arching his back crying because he wants to say hi to the old Indian ladies that run it. At the table next to us, both parents are texting on their phones and their baby is just sitting there quietly doing nothing. Then, Jack screams and arches his back and the guy next to us says to his wife, "I hope she doesn't ever learn to whine like that!" and his wife says, "we aren't going to let her." I took the boys into the car after that and waited for my mom and sister.

I didn't say anything back to them but I did laugh about it after stepping out of the restaurant. I wouldn't ever say anything like that about someone else's kid even if they were acting up. And if they think dining experiences with small kids are always perfect, they live in a dream world.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Indian buffet fail

• Options

Haha - I used to say things like that...not when the parents could hear, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageladybugpjb:
    Haha I used to say things like that...not when the parents could hear, though.

For realsies! And these people were parents.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Right. Because texting and ignoring the rest of your family at the dinner table is awesome parenting. Psssh!

Karma is a b!tch. Just. they. wait. 

Also - I'm sorry the boys gave you a hard time. I hope they make up for it by cutting you some slack tonight :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    Right. Because texting and ignoring the rest of your family at the dinner table is awesome parenting. Psssh!Karma is a b!tch. Just. they. wait.nbsp;Also I'm sorry the boys gave you a hard time. I hope they make up for it by cutting you some slack tonight :

People are way too glued to their phones these days. I actually felt sorry for their DD. she was just sitting there!

Oh, and I'm fine with them acting up. I seriously wasn't stressed at all. I talked to liam about it afterwards and Jack was tired and I ruined his nap, so that was my fault. Someone told me once, and I believe this to be true, that no one cares about your kid misbehaving like their parents. ...or the parents sitting next to you I guess....lol.
  • Options
    imageKimbus22:
    I'm impressed. I would have spit out my drink at "We aren't going to let her." and said, "Yep.nbsp; Good luck with that."You'd need a muzzle.nbsp; And I'm pretty sure t that's frowned upon... nbsp;

Haha!
  • Options
    imageladybugpjb:

Haha - I used to say things like that...not when the parents could hear, though.

Hahaha, me too!  I can't believe some of the crap I said before I had a child.  But not ever within earshot of the people with the baby. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Hahaha, good luck with that!!! Maybe their kid will be a god awful teenager! 

And now... I want Indian food. 

• Options
    Karma's a ***.  It will catch up with them.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"