November 2012 Moms
Options

Late night

Wow I can't believe no one has posted yet. Is everyone sleeping? Jealous!

Lol I'm pretty sure that didn't happen, but if it did you all better tell me wgat I'm doing wrong!

12:45 here. M did just sleep for exactly 3 hours yay! Back up to our previous record. Still optimistic for the elusive 4 to 5 hour stretch. I know it's coming one of these days!
Photobucket
"For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
-1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: Late night

• Options
    Midnight here. Cu is asleep, I'm about to try to sleep too.

See y'all in a couple of hours. I'm beat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Quarter til 1. I just slept for 3 hours in a row and I feel great! I'm nursing Hallie now. I have to watch DH's niece and nephew tomorrow so hopefully I sleep plenty tonight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Almost 11 here....DH put DD to bed and I'm hanging with P by the fire.....he's sound asleep...I'm catching up on TiVo.....I'm sure I 'll regret it but I need a little entertainment....
  • Options
    imagesugar2515:
    He was very proud of himself rightfully so, but it made me wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong. He's not here every night at this time, so i cant rely on him to help...what am I doing wrong that I can't calm her down like he did?

My un expert opinion would be ....

You are doing absolutely nothing wrong! Sometimes I think baby needs to be away from mama's scent to be able to calm down. Like being around mama excites them too much to fall asleep or something.

Also, If you're frustrated, baby can sense it sometimes. DH probably came in half way through the cry fest and he was cool as a cat and just had that confidence about him that soothed A.

The Witching Hour will pass soon enough. We had them and oh my gawd did I hate that part the worst!!! But one night I finally got Cu to sleep through that whole time frame and ever since then we haven't had a problem. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what.

Hang in there! It's rough, but it'll get easier.

• Options
    Oh and also. I am SOOOO tired.

I have fallen asleep like three times trying to type up my post replies and once while trying to play my mom back on WWF.

• Options
    Nursing E. I got a lousy hour and a half. Hoping for three after this!

ETA: major blowout times two. Blech.

• Options
    1am here. LO just woke up. Diaper changed, feeding her right now.

Hoping for 3 hours this time. I am beat!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerachael_c26:
    imagesugar2515:
    He was very proud of himself rightfully so, but it made me wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong. He's not here every night at this time, so i cant rely on him to help...what am I doing wrong that I can't calm her down like he did?

My un expert opinion would be ....

You are doing absolutely nothing wrong! Sometimes I think baby needs to be away from mama's scent to be able to calm down. Like being around mama excites them too much to fall asleep or something.

Also, If you're frustrated, baby can sense it sometimes. DH probably came in half way through the cry fest and he was cool as a cat and just had that confidence about him that soothed A.

The Witching Hour will pass soon enough. We had them and oh my gawd did I hate that part the worst!!! But one night I finally got Cu to sleep through that whole time frame and ever since then we haven't had a problem. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what.

Hang in there! It's rough, but it'll get easier.

I was just going to post almost the exact same thing. My DH has the magic touch too, and the only way I can get her down is by nursing. It makes me feel like crap sometimes but I try to remind myself how nice it must make them feel to be able to swoop in and do something so important when so many other things have come down to mama only.
  • Options
    It's 12:30 and I'm just checking the interwebs one last time before crashing. Kalista slept through me changing her diaper, swaddling her and putting her to bed tonight, score! How unrealistic is it for me to hope she still gives me 3 hours until it's time to nurse again?

I braved the new mom's group for the first time today and I'm really glad. I met a nice mom whose baby boy was born the same day, and another one with a girl one day older and an older daughter my DD1's age. I smell some playdates in our future! Then we went out for dinner and survived our first public poop blowout experience. I'm really starting to feel like myself again, just with easier access to my boobs. Haha!
  • Options
    2:45 here. Just fed Logan, waiting for a burp so he doesn't spit up all over when I lay him back down. Hoping for 4 hours after he goes down.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options

2:02am here. Woke up in a panic bc I had meant to pump at 12am.

I guess my husband decided not to wake me. That would be fine I guess, except I hadn't pumped since 7:30pm. Hello, sore boobies!

LJ is stirring but not awake. I think DH also gave him a bottle at 12am BC his 2am one is not in the fridge (but he didn't bother to prep another one for later). Love him, but can't win them all! 

Here's to pumping rock hard boobies! :)

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Options
    4:25 here and just finished feeding Baby Bird. SO wanted me to let him fuss himself to sleep tonight. His intentions were good, but it resulted in my worst night yet. Usually in my sleep I'm in tune to DS's noises and only wake up when he needs me, but tonight I've woken up with a panic at every deep breath or creak of the house. I can't do "fuss it out" with an 11dayold, this is ridiculous.

In addition, now his feedings and my pumpings are all kind of messed up. Tonight is a wash, ugh.

On the plus side, SO and I did have a pretty hardcore make out session like we were teenagers. So that was nice. Is it six weeks yet?
  • Options
    4;30. Back to 2 hours. Although judging from everyone's posts that seems to be about average. I hope we all have some more progress as time goes on. Here's to all the tired mommys.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imagerdmitten:
    3:21am. I woke up to DH and A fast asleep. This hasn't happened yet...could it be...are we on our way to sleeping without being held?? Will DH and I actually be able to sleep at the same time, together soon? Crossing my fingers.

Today, the witching hour lasted the entire evening. A was a total bear. I need to look up when they have their first growth spurt because he is acting very weird.

Sugar: I agree with Rachael. A definitely knows when in upset and it makes him even more upset. Has been like this since the delivery room. I have to remind myself of this when I feel overwhelmed with the fussing, crying, etc.

I've heard growth spurts at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months. Though occasionally I've read there's one around 10 days old.

4:00. Nursing Hallie. She had a little trouble falling asleep last time but bot horrible so I maybe got 2.5 hours of sleep since last feeding.
  • Options
    imagerdmitten:

Also, A is definitely sleeping on his own now...buuuutttt, I just love his snuggles and he is now sleeping on my chest. I just can't help myself.

LOL I do the exact same thing. I can't help myself either. I just love when his little hands move all around on my skin while he's trying to sleep. And he grabs my necklace all the time and falls asleep with it in his hands.

Okay. Sweet moment interrupted by poop. Sigh.
    It's 5:30 here.

ETA. Zoe. It sounds like you had an awesome day, minus the poo. I'm ready to make some IRL mommy friends too.

• Options

..... 7:30 here... Me and A have been up since 5am.. :( I think I could cry if I wasn't so dag on tired. He ate at 5 something, normally eats every 2 hrs. He got fussy but not bad so I fixed his 7 something bottle and he just held it in his mouth doing nothing and started acting like he was going to sleep. I finally laid him down and he's wiggling like crazy n starting to fuss. Back to the bottle we go....

After every feeding tonight he's been awake for a lil while. In the day he sleeps like a rock. How do I switch his days n nights back around??? This FTM is n need of sleep! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelanea8712:
    ..... 7:30 here... Me and A have been up since 5am.. : I think I could cry if I wasn't so dag on tired. He ate at 5 something, normally eats every 2 hrs. He got fussy but not bad so I fixed his 7 something bottle and he just held it in his mouth doing nothing and started acting like he was going to sleep. I finally laid him down and he's wiggling like crazy n starting to fuss. Back to the bottle we go....After every feeding tonight he's been awake for a lil while. In the day he sleeps like a rock. How do I switch his days n nights back around??? This FTM is n need of sleep!nbsp;

Sorry you're having a hard time, mama! Hang in there.

Make sure at night you keep it dark or dim, only a dim light to feed. No noise from a tv, white noise is fine. Try not to interact with him much while he's awake. Give him what he needs, but not much more. Try swaddling.

Also, try feeding him more through out the day. If baby eats more frequently during the day, they'll sleep longer at night.

Hope this helps and you get some relief soon.

Good luck.

ETA. I meant to add. During the day, keep it bright. Take him outside if weather permits or take him by the window and get some sun. Dont try to be too quiet during the day.

• Options

imagerachael_c26:
    imagelanea8712:
    ..... 7:30 here... Me and A have been up since 5am.. : I think I could cry if I wasn't so dag on tired. He ate at 5 something, normally eats every 2 hrs. He got fussy but not bad so I fixed his 7 something bottle and he just held it in his mouth doing nothing and started acting like he was going to sleep. I finally laid him down and he's wiggling like crazy n starting to fuss. Back to the bottle we go....After every feeding tonight he's been awake for a lil while. In the day he sleeps like a rock. How do I switch his days n nights back around??? This FTM is n need of sleep!nbsp;
    Sorry you're having a hard time, mama! Hang in there. Make sure at night you keep it dark or dim, only a dim light to feed. No noise from a tv, white noise is fine. Try not to interact with him much while he's awake. Give him what he needs, but not much more. Try swaddling. Also, try feeding him more through out the day. If baby eats more frequently during the day, they'll sleep longer at night. Hope this helps and you get some relief soon. Good luck. ETA. I meant to add. During the day, keep it bright. Take him outside if weather permits or take him by the window and get some sun. Dont try to be too quiet during the day.

i do those things, except he won't take more milk in the day. I've offered, he just dont want it. With him eating every two hrs, taking about an hr to eat n burp he doesn't want it.

Thankfully he fell asleep at 8 - my mom came over shortly after 8 and ended up watching him until noon telling me to go to bed. Thank God for my mommy!! LOL!

Hes been awake some today, this makes me very very happy. Hoping it helps out tonight!! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"