Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Missing Growth Spurt?

What happens if I miss my LO's hunger cues during a growth spurt he's having and dont feed him anymore than usual? Will I hurt him? Sometimes he cries and I put him on my shoulder and pat his back, and he will fall asleep and stop crying, or I give him a pacifier and he calms down...but what if he was really hungry both these times and I mis-read his cues?

Re: Missing Growth Spurt?

• I was honestly wondering the same time. My baby will suckle for comfort and many times I will put her in her carrier when she is acting fussy and she will start to suck on her fist then I will rock her to sleep and she stops complaining. I was starting to get concerned that maybe she really was hungry and I missed her cues. Everyone says she is a tiny baby. I have even had some nimwits ask if she was premature. It gave me the worst anxiety that maybe I am not feeding her enough although the Drs do not seem concerned at all. She is in the 25th percentile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly, I offer the boob any time DD fusses, just to be sure. And she has never calmed down and forgotten about nursing just bc she was given a paci. So you should be ok. If LO is hungry you won't pacify him more than a few minutes before you get it right.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think it is possible to miss a growth spurt.  Most of the time, I nurse DS right away when he roots (or making smacking sounds in his sleep).  Sometimes DH will soothe him by doing the "jiggle."  However, even if DS calms down, he won't for long and within 10 minutes he'll start rooting again.   We don't use a pacifier so I can't help with that...
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"