Stay at Home Moms

Dinner help

I have this in the slow cooker for tonight:

https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/07/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-sandwiches.html

They're Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. So, the question is, what would you do for a side?? I was thinking coleslaw... is that the best option? 

Thaaank yooou!  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dinner help

• Lame, I don't know why I can't make links clicky any more! Grrr... sorry. 

• Coleslaw sounds good to me. What time should I come over for dinner? Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would do some sweet potato fries. I personally like having more than one side so I would do the coleslaw too.

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches sound delicious!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Something like that I might just do carrot sticks and sliced fruit and have "Finger food day," but then, I never go all out for veggie dishes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would probably make ranch potato wedges.  I make mine by cutting 6-8 potatoes, I use the small ones, into wedges (skin on), toss with EVOO to coat (~1T), sprinkle with ranch seasoning (I use homemade, probably ~2-3T), then bake for 35-40mins @ 400 degrees, stirring once at the halfway point.  Everyone loves these.

Coleslaw does sound good though, as does carrot/celery sticks, but MH doesn't like that kind of thing so I go with the wedges :)

We love sweet potato fries too.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I've made these before, and they are yummy. For a side I would do a salad, maybe a green one, and maybe even some fries? 
  • Ooo, you guys! Good ideas!! Now I can't decide....

• I've made those and they are good.  We did coleslaw and mac & cheese with broccoli.  I did less hot sauce than the recipe called for and they were still too hot for the kids (which I figured they'd be and that's why I did mac & cheese as a side).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I've made these before!! 

They're a hit with sweet potato fries -and a salad too if I'm being good ;) 

SAHM to Eli, born 11.26.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"