Trouble TTC
Options

IUI WITHOUT CD12???

Question for you fine ladies... DH and I were scheduled to do an IUI this month. We also planned to travel this month to visit family in New York. I thought I was being so smart and booked my plane tickets according to my history. My period was supposed to start on Friday, which would leave December 11th for my CD12 ultrasound, and IUI 12th and 13th. Well, my body decided to ruin my plans by coming 2 days early. Now I will be in NY on CD12.

Long story short, my question is can I still go through ith an IUI without the CD 12 ultrasound? Or maybe they can give me the ultrasound on CD13 while I'm waiting for them to finish the sperm wash? Or should I just count myself out this month?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

**UPDATED**: Also wanted to add that the past two IUI's I had followed this pattern, and we are only dealing with MFI**
**TTC since April 2010**
DH diagnosed with moderate MFI, low everything, me low AMH
3 IUI's and 1 IVF all BFN's, almost gave up hope
June 2013- One last IUI for the heck of it... BFP! Complete shock!
April 2014- Eliana- In Hebrew means The Lord has Answered! Welcome to the world my miracle baby!

September 2016- Surprise BFP without medical assistance! New Baby due June 2017!

Re: IUI WITHOUT CD12???

• Options

I'd just as your doctor. I'm sure if you are willing to pay, then they will make an exception. In the end you are the one taking the risk, not them.

I hope it works out for you!!

Me: 34 - Hydrosalpinx DH: 33
    Previous history
    IUI switched to TI x6 = BFN
    IUI x2 = BFN
    Essure procedure for hydro

New starts

*Possibly starting clomid in Sept or Oct 

• Options
    I would call and ask your RE are you usually ready on CD12 for your IUI? I'm never ready on that day. Hope they can do it on CD13 and like you said do your U/S while the semen is being prepared. GL
    ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just had my IUI #3 today, CD 14. This may be just me, but I wouldn't want to do it without the ultrasound to confirm that I was good to go, but we are 100% OOP so I just want to make sure I wouldn't be wasting money. The ultrasound lets me know that I'm ready (or not ready as the case may be) for the trigger shot. Are you using one?

Could you use OPKs to time it instead and use them to time the IUI? While I would want the ultrasound, I think some ladies on here do that.. I'm not sure how reliable that is though.

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm never ready on CD12 either...I usually go in on CD13 or 14 for my ultrasound. I would call your doctor and get their opinion.
    TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Options
    I had the SAME thing happen! They ended up doing the Ultrasound EARLY on CD 13 and I hadn't ovulated yet which was good! The only thing they warned me about is ovulating early but I have 40 long cycles so I knew I wouldn't! Don't stress, I am more than sure they will work with you! BABY DUST!! :-)
  • Options
    imagejessdpadgmail.com:

You may want to change your screen name from your email so you don't get strangers emailing you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would not do an IUI without monitoring but I would say you should be able to go in on CD 13. OP are you going to trigger?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't know that they would even let you move forward with an IUI without having some sort of idea about number of mature follies. I don't think my RE would. I would definitely call and ask. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your answers! I just got off the phone with my RE and this is what she said.. She told me that I can take an OPK on CD12. If it is positive, go ahead with the trigger, if not then I can go to the office on CD13 for my ultrasound. Which means I don't need to cancel my IUI!!! Big Smile I'm extremely happy that it's going to work out! Best of luck to all of you ladies out there!
    **TTC since April 2010**
    DH diagnosed with moderate MFI, low everything, me low AMH
    3 IUI's and 1 IVF all BFN's, almost gave up hope
    June 2013- One last IUI for the heck of it... BFP! Complete shock!
    April 2014- Eliana- In Hebrew means The Lord has Answered! Welcome to the world my miracle baby!

September 2016- Surprise BFP without medical assistance! New Baby due June 2017!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"