Intro secondary recurrent loss mamma — The Bump
Secondary IF

Intro secondary recurrent loss mamma

Hi ladies! I had no idea this board even existed so I am very happy to have found it. I haven't done any lurking yet but have been active first on TTGP then TTCAL and a little on PGAL during the brief recent pregnancies I've had. My history is pretty much summed up in my siggy. Just last week I went for a first ultrasound and was told they couldn't see a fetal pole. I was supposed to be 6 w 5 d. I have a follow up u/s scheduled for Tue but I definitely don't have my hopes up at all. My betas are rising but way, way slow and were only at 2,364 Monday when I had the u/s.

I actually had my first RE appointment the day I got this recent BFP so I was able to talk to him in terms of what to do to try to save this pregnancy. I have been on progesterone supplements since that time 12 DPO since last time we tested my progesterone and found that it was EXTREMELY low. We tested my thyroid this time too since last time it also came back out of whack. But it came back at 2.5 which he said was within normal range.

So at this point I don't know if my recurrent losses are only due to poor egg quality due to my age or if there is something else gong on in terms of maybe immunological changes, just that I didn't start progesterone supplements soon enough, or maybe some scarring in my ute I don't know about. This time around I will probably opt for a D C so we could do testing if it would be valuable. After that I would be having an AMH test. Does this looks at egg quality?? So do they see the actual eggs or just looking at the follies??. I will also have an HSG. Can they tell if there is built up scarring or polyps by doing that or does it just look at shape of ute and blockage in tubes?

Well thanks for reading my long intro. Look forward to getting to know you all. I am really hoping to connect with some others in my situation of secondary recurrent loss. Please say hello and share your journey!

I wish none of us were going through this struggle but am glad to have found this board.

PS I bump from my phone most of the time so please forgive spelling and punctuation and know that I unfortunately can't see siggys. Grrrr I hate the mobile now!

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
***All always welcome!!***

Re: Intro secondary recurrent loss mamma

• Hi. I'm so sorry for your losses. I have had two. As an Fyi this board is secondary infertility for ladies struggling to have a second child. Many of us have had losses but this might not be the best place for your questions.
    I would have the recurrent loss testing done. It is about twelve blood tests. AMH is just a blood test of hormones. My RE said they only can tell quality if you do IVF. I'm 38.5 so I probably have quality issues as most older ladies do.
    The best advice I can give is get all the tests done so you can get a plan of action.
    Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much. Yes I am trying for my second child. Sorry I didn't point that out in my post it's in my siggy but just realized that if you're on a mobile no one can see that. Duhhhhh.

I am currently going through my third official mc. I also had one chemical pregnancy. I have a son who is almost three and I am 39.

Thanks again.

<dream 2> 12.2011

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Loading the player...
  • Just saying hi over here! 

I didn't mention in my response on TTCAL that I did also have an HSG and it did find a polyp that I had removed via D&C.

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. I've had 5. Having your AMH levels tested along with your antral follicle count will give you an idea of what your ovarian reserve is like. FSH levels will also give you an idea of quality. The antral follicle count looks at the number of resting follicles you have. It's usually done on day 3 of your cycle. I hope all your testing is normal. ((Hugs))
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm so sorry for your losses. My heart goes out to you.

I'm sorry you have to be here, but hope that you find the support you need while you continue on this journey.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Thank you all so much for the welcome.  It's been great to connect with so many wonderful ladies, but I really, really had been wanting to connect more with others who already had a successful pregnancy also.  So again, I'm just really glad to be here - I feel stupid I didn't even notice it as a board before.   

image LeahB12:
    I wanted to chime in because I also have had recurring losses 5. I can't see your siggy since I'm on my phone. I've had a ton of testing and encourage you to get RPL testing. There are many ways it can be treated. If you have any questions, just let me know. GL.

Thank you so much - I'm going to go back to the TTCAL blog since I think there is a lot of info there I may have missed or not read very carefully before.  I am sure I am going to learn a lot from the ladies on this board too.  I am hopeful that my RE can help me figure out what's wrong and how best to move ahead.  

I guess in my own self-assessment I am figuring there has either got to be something going on with my uterus - maybe polyps or scar tissue from my c section - or some change in my immune system - or change in hormones - or maybe none of that and I just have really poor egg quality.  I have gotten 4 BFPs since February so I don't think right now I have low quantity - but it must be quality.  Does that seem like a logical assumption?  That since I've gotten a string of BFPs it's not so much quantity as quality that might be the issue?  I know no one here is a doctor and we're all going through the same thing but just curious if that's a logical guess?

image egsquared:

Just saying hi over here! 

I didn't mention in my response on TTCAL that I did also have an HSG and it did find a polyp that I had removed via D&C.

Hey there!  Thank you for this info - I didn't know if an HSG could pick up that kind of thing or if it just looks at if the tubes are cleared and general uterine shape.  That's great that they were able to remove the polyp.  Was that a while ago?  I hope that makes a difference for you. Glad to see you over here too, lady (even though I wish none of us were here)!

image ChiTown Bridget:
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I've had 5. Having your AMH levels tested along with your antral follicle count will give you an idea of what your ovarian reserve is like. FSH levels will also give you an idea of quality. The antral follicle count looks at the number of resting follicles you have. It's usually done on day 3 of your cycle. I hope all your testing is normal. ((Hugs))

Thank you so much.  I'm so sorry you've been through so many losses too.  Thank you for this info - I was wondering what kind of test (if any) would give you insight into quality vs. quantity.  I will do some more reading on this.  I'm sure that's what he's going to want to test me for.

image SigmundsGirl:

I'm so sorry for your losses. My heart goes out to you.

I'm sorry you have to be here, but hope that you find the support you need while you continue on this journey.

Thank you so much for the hello and welcome.  Look forward to getting to know you! 

<dream 2> 12.2011

</dream 2>

resolve.org