Multiples

Baby shower or not?

We have a 3.5 year old dd and still have all of the baby gear. I'm not a fan of people having another shower for a second or third child, however a few people have asked if I'm having one. When I say no, they say, but you're having twins! Am I missing something? We need another carseat and stroller, but other than that we're set. I have a friend giving me all her extra baby gear (seats, exersauxer, swing, etc), so we don't need those things.

I've been to "sprinkles" when friends have their second or third and think those are cute, but I'm just not sure. So, if twins were your second or third pregnancy, did you have a shower? Is it a must do?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Baby shower or not?

• I have heard of people having a shower for a third child. If you don't feel like it's necessary then it's up to you if you want to have one or not. Maybe just have a sprinkle?

Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally wouldn't and feel its pushing it. Won't your family and close friends buy you things anyway? 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a 4 year old son and are expecting twin girls so everyone has even telling me I should have one even though I said no. My aunts and mom are so excited so they are doing one and inviting family and a few close friends.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • LOL a "sprinkle"? Never heard of that.....adorable!
  • I know someone who already had two kids and then got pregnant with twins.  They had a sprinkle.  I would do a sprinkle and look to put a few items on a registry, like the car seat and other things you need more of for multiples.  Def do a sprinkle.  Make it is small and not over the top at all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My son is 7 now and we don't have anything left, I do think someone will throw me a shower.  I don't know what a sprinkle is but maybe just a diapers and wipes shower?
  • Our daughter is 5. We kept all her stuff as well. I wasn't planning on having a shower and nobody in my family has offered to throw one for me - which I am fine with. There are only a few big ticket items we need and I know MIL and one of my aunts will help with some of that stuff because they can't wait to go shopping. If I had anything it would be something small at somebody's house. In our family, baby showers are usually 75-100 people at a restaurant or banquet hall. Definately not having one of those again Smile

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• It doesn't seem like you need one, so no. If someone wants to host one for you, maybe suggest a diaper and wipe party?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My mil and mom threw us a surprise shower.  DD is almost 9 and we didn't have anything from her because we borrowed most of it. I kept turning them down but friends and other family said you are having it no matter what so you might as well create a registry.  

I would do what is comfortable for you. Maybe a sprinkle with a small amount of people.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • imagegault530:

We have a 3.5 year old dd and still have all of the baby gear. I'm not a fan of people having another shower for a second or third child, however a few people have asked if I'm having one. When I say no, they say, but you're having twins! Am I missing something? We need another carseat and stroller, but other than that we're set. I have a friend giving me all her extra baby gear (seats, exersauxer, swing, etc), so we don't need those things.

I've been to "sprinkles" when friends have their second or third and think those are cute, but I'm just not sure. So, if twins were your second or third pregnancy, did you have a shower? Is it a must do?

Make sure you check the expiration on the car seat you have. You will need a double stroller, another crib, more bottles, clothes and burp cloths. Not to mention you may want a pnp, rnp(s), swing, etc. I would think abt a sprinkle in the least.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't have one, pretty much for the same reason you were thinking. Also it just felt weird to ask friends and family to come give us MORE gifts. In the last five years we'd had a wedding (+bridal showers), a housewarming party, and a baby. It just seemed like people had already given us SO much.

We had a big lovely co-ed shower for DD, and since we were team green most of our baby stuff was unisex. So we didn't need much.

People insisted it would have been acceptable since we were having twins and they were a different sex than the 1st baby, but I just didn't feel comfortable with it.  

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • imageMrsLee04:
    imageReilly626:
    I personally wouldn't and feel its pushing it. Won't your family and close friends buy you things anyway? 
    This.

This is what I feel like, it seems greedy to me.  We are so grateful to have so many hand me downs from friends that are done having babies and I just don't want to ask for more (even if I'm not the one pushing for it).  Our family and friends will buy us things anyway, they just want suggestions.  I thought about creating a registry so I can get the discount on the stroller at the end, so maybe I'll do that and tell them they can look their for suggestions if needed. 

Also, I really just want meals that we can freeze and cook when the babies come, that would be a tremendous help.  Maybe I can give that as a suggestion.  Thanks for your input ladies, it's so helpful!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagegault530:

imageMrsLee04:
    imageReilly626:
    I personally wouldn't and feel its pushing it. Won't your family and close friends buy you things anyway? 
    This.

This is what I feel like, it seems greedy to me.  We are so grateful to have so many hand me downs from friends that are done having babies and I just don't want to ask for more (even if I'm not the one pushing for it).  Our family and friends will buy us things anyway, they just want suggestions.  I thought about creating a registry so I can get the discount on the stroller at the end, so maybe I'll do that and tell them they can look their for suggestions if needed. 

Also, I really just want meals that we can freeze and cook when the babies come, that would be a tremendous help.  Maybe I can give that as a suggestion.  Thanks for your input ladies, it's so helpful!

I was going to suggest the meals thing. A few years ago my friend had twins and her mom threw a "bring your favorite meal" party haha. It was really cute, everyone brought their favorite dish (frozen) and gave it to mom! She had enough frozen meals for about a month! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemamainseptember:
    imagegault530:

imageMrsLee04:
    imageReilly626:
    This.

I was going to suggest the meals thing. A few years ago my friend had twins and her mom threw a "bring your favorite meal" party haha. It was really cute, everyone brought their favorite dish (frozen) and gave it to mom! She had enough frozen meals for about a month! 

I love this idea! You will definitely appreciate this :)

• sprinkle? diaper and wipes shower? wow this is the first time ive ever heard of this. lol only in america 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"