June 2011 Moms

Pregnant mammas: What to get DS from her new baby sister?

I am due in February and want to get my son something special from his new baby sister when she arrives.  What do you suggest?   I want him to feel special and loved still.  I know I can love both children equally and my heart is already full of love for both of them , blah, blah blah.  I just worry since he still a "baby" to me and will be when this one arrives very soon!  I was thinking of a build a bear baby bear.  I am not sure!  Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant mammas: What to get DS from her new baby sister?

• My DS was older than your DS at the time his little sister arrived however he loved all things Curious George so "she" got him a stuffed george, a car and a book. To this day, he remembers that Ella got him those things. I packed them in my hospital bag and had them on the bed when he came to meet his sister. Priceless.

I think a build a bear baby bear is a great idea. Maybe a book of something he likes too.

• I wouldn't worry too much about your DS not feeling as loved.  At 18 months, my DD still doesn't seem to care whether I'm giving attention to her baby brother and whether he's in the room or not.  Sometimes she interacts with him by pushing him in his swing, but other than that she goes about her business playing with her toys.  I'm sure she wouldn't care or understand if we said a present came from DS.  So, I Think the gift would be more for your benefit than your DS'.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We did not do presents when a new LO arrived, we did not want to set a precedence of presents being at every special occasion.  You older one will always feel loved, a "gift" from the baby won't really mean anything at this age either.

I was raised in a family where material possessions (and food) meant everything, and it has been a hard habit to break... we are not doing that to our kids!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I found this book and got it to put away for when #2 arrives.  I read it and thought it was so sweet and I'm so glad I got it.  Although I don't really think he'll "get it," as time goes on it'll be a cute book to read to all my kids.

https://www.amazon.com/Youre-All-Favorites-Sam-McBratney/dp/0763642975

• I agree with the others. I don't think a new gift is necessary. I don't think he will 'get' it. If you do want to get him something, I would suggest something that will really occupy his time. To help distract him from the time you are needing to spend on the baby. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"