New Orleans Babies

FINO??

Anyone on this NOLA board ever been to FINO???  My DH and I are dealing with infertility due to endometriosis so we are going through our first IVF cycle at fino next month.  Looking for reviews of ladies that have been to the clinic!  Thanks!

All Welcome

Me: 29 DH: 30

IF DX Endo Stage III/IV SA: PERFECT!

7/16/2011 Married handsome hubby!
9/2012 Lap/Hystercopy DX w/ Stage III endo
Bilaterial Uterine Suspension/D&C/HSG
HCG/D&D on R/L ovaries/chromaltubation/Uterine Polyp
10/2012 RE consult. DX move straight to IVF
IVF #1 11/27/2012
IVF #1 Cancelled for Low Response and Converted to IUI #1 --- BFN

IVF #1.2 BCP 12/29 Stims 1/21 w/ New Protocol - Antongonist (225 Menopur, 150 Follistim, & Ganirelix)
ER 2/2/13 11R,9M,8F -- ET 2/7/13 2 Beautiful Perfect Blasts/5 made it Freeze! -- 2/12/12 +HPT -- 2/14/13 Beta #1 71 -- 2/18/2013 Beta #2 521 YAY! Let this be our take home baby!

4/21/13 Massive Hemorrhage from unDX placenta previa.  Bed Rest for 7 months.

10/17/13 Gave Birth to our 8lb 2oz baby boy! 

8/30/15 Started Meds for FET schedule on 10/13/15

10/13/15 TX two great blasts.  Beta scheduled for 10/22/15

Re: FINO??

• I am a FINO success story, and hoping to be a repeat very soon.  My issue is a blocked fallopian tube (the highlights are in my sig), and IVF was recommended as our best option.  We were successful on our first IVF cycle, and I start meds for my second IVF in 2 days, hoping to get a sibling for DD.

I highly recommend Dr. Sartor, based on my experience, as well as reviews from other folks, who all highly trust her judment.  I have heard some less enthusiastic reviews about Dr. Lu, and can't speak to any other physicians there.

IVF can be very intimidating when you aren't sure what to expect, but it was pretty easy overall.  The biggest pain is the monitoring appointments, the rest is just time and patience.  Let me know if you have any other questions about IVF or FINO.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also a FINO sucess! I sought treatment through Dr Sartor also. She diganosed me with PCOS and through injectables and IUI we concieved our daughter in March 2011. I loved my experience there. The entire staff is so nice and many of them have dealt with IF too. The monitoring appointments are dauting sometimes. Get to the office early on Saturdays to avoid waiting all morning.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Heavy:
    I am also a FINO sucess! I sought treatment through Dr Sartor also. She diganosed me with PCOS and through injectables and IUI we concieved our daughter in March 2011. I loved my experience there. The entire staff is so nice and many of them have dealt with IF too. The monitoring appointments are dauting sometimes. Get to the office early on Saturdays to avoid waiting all morning.  

Ha ha!  No joke about that part.  I made the mistake of going in around 9 or later for a Saturday monitoring appt. last year, and boy was I sorry.  I barely got seen before they closed up for the day!

I have an appt. this Saturday, and I'll be there bright and early, well before 7:30am, like I am during my weekday appts.  Now that I have DD, sleeping in on a Saturday morning only means 6:30 anyway!

I do agree, the monitoring appointments do start to take their toll after awhile.  I had 6 last time (one for labs, and the rest for both labs and ultrasounds).  The longer you stim, the more frequently you'll go in, until it's a daily occurrence.  It also depends how long you're on the meds though.  I had to take them for 13 days last time, and I am on track to be that long or 1-2 days shorter this time around.  I went in for labs Monday, then my first follie check (labs and u/s) today, which I'm currently scheduled to repeat on Friday, Saturday, and Monday, so that's 5 visits right there.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I saw Dr. Lu and was also a success story. I have two friends who used Dr. Sartor and had success stories as well. The staff is a great support and I would not have made it through without Mary, the IVF coordinator. She was amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"