Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Milestones

My LO os 5 weeks old and still doesn"t look at me.  She rarely smiles.  Also during tummy time she has stopped trying to pick up her head.  I have been reading What to Expect and I am through month 2 and she has yet do do very few of the things they say she may be able to do.  There is no cooing, just grunting and she doesnt seem interested in any toys.  Should I be concerned?  I am a FTM so naturally I have no clue.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: Milestones

• Options
    DS1 was quick to do everything.  He rolled both ways at 8 weeks and wanted to focus his eyes on everything.  DS2 is the opposite and prefers to work on sleep (which is fine by me!).  I was really worried about DS2 when he was about 6 weeks because he was just like your LO.  Now at 11 weeks, he is looking at us, smiling, and cooing.  I wouldn't let those books worry you.  You also have to figure they start learning skills slowly--so you might not even notice the very start of a new milestone.  Those books make it sound like at x weeks they do a skill perfectly ALL the time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree with PP.  Each baby learns on his/her own.  Don't let the books scare you.  Also, the cooing, laughing, and toy playing really doesn't start until 2 months or later so I think your book might be off a little.  Ours says at 6 weeks they should just be starting to smile, not necessarily at people. 

As PP said, some babies learn one skill early and are late at another.  Yours might be working on sleeping longer stretches or growing taller right now and will catch up on the eye contact when he/she's done with that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My oldest son was a late bloomer on many things. Your LO is still so little, don't worry yet! There's plenty of time for that (said in a gentle, non-snarky way).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"