June 2011 Moms
Options

~$120 gift for baby?

Can you think of something that costs about $120 that your DC would like for Christmas?

My parents got the big girls Uggs, and while I think Uggs are adorable on toddlers, I can't justify the expense just yet -- maybe next year when she isnt changing shoe siezes twice in a year :) - so my mom asked what she should get Cate that cost the same.

H & I got her an Anywhere chair from PBK, and we already have a wagon, tricycle and kitchen set. I really have no idea what to tell me mom to get her. The kid has more clothes than she could ever wear and thanks to BabySteals she also has enough StrideRite shoes for the next 2 years.

So what "big ticket" item are you getting tour toddler this holiday? I need ideas, ladies!!

Thanks.  

Re: ~$120 gift for baby?

• Options

Hmm.... she is already a girl that has everything! Not sure if this would be tacky or not, but if it was my parents, I would say just to get her some small gifts (books, toys, dolls, etc) and then perhaps a $100 savings bond. Since she is too small to really know the difference.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Since she has all a girl could need, how about a membership to the zoo or local children's museum? That runs about $100 around here. We LOVE our memberships. Such a great deal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejc&cat:

Since she has all a girl could need, how about a membership to the zoo or local children's museum? That runs about $100 around here. We LOVE our memberships. Such a great deal.

Great idea!  Also, what about a nice little table and chairs set?  PBK has some that are $130 and cute, but I am sure there are others out there that are slightly less pricey.

• Options

I like the ideas of a savings bond and zoo membership. We have an aquarium membership and it's awesome!

How about a power wheels car or outside climber toy? Those are both around 130.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What about a nice quality baby doll I'm sure her sisters have them already but one just for her and maybe a baby doll crib or something... I don't like baby dolls at all but DD has become obsessed with them so I'm getting her one for Xmas. The Corolle Mon Premier dolls are nice quality and the perfect size for their age but expensive about 40 for the doll and there are accessories that you could buy and do a set.

I also love the Tegu Tints blocks. They are beautiful wooden blocks that are also magnetic and can be used for little kids or to build structures that defy gravity later on. I saw them at a specialty store and loved them but they are expensive 120140 for a set I think They can be ordered online though.
  • Options

They could get one of those Little Tikes cars that they use their feet to scoot around... not sure if that's too similar to your wagon and tricycle, though.

They could get a few dress-up costumes (doctor/nurse, pirate, chef, etc.) and a trunk to store them in for imaginative play.  Those can run $30 each depending on how fancy you get them.

I like the idea of a nice baby doll, and maybe also a stroller for the baby doll. DD borrowed a Chicco doll stroller from a friend the other day and she LOVED it.  It's just like a nice REAL stroller (8 wheels versus 4, good maneuverability, a sun canopy, storage underneath, etc.)... and costs as much as many new strollers too ($40 on Amazon).  https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-00067979000000-Doll-Stroller/dp/B000FKCYAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353464328&sr=8-1&keywords=chicco+baby+doll+stroller

They could also get her a nice wooden easel (these range $50-135 on Amazon), easel paper, and washable markers or paint. 

Or I also like the idea of a membership somewhere. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How about a wooden doll house? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What about a membership to the zoo or a children's museum?  My dad gave me money for DD and I think I'm going to do classes at "The Little Gym"
  • Options
    MIL is getting DD the VTech touchpad. It's 99 and like a kids iPad. Although she may not really "get it" yet but she loves messing around in my iPod and DHs kindle and we hope having her own thing might keep her off ours.
  • Options

My parents are weird about "cash" gifts... for Christmas they want to buy presents, not add to an account... that would be SO much easier!

We have DD2 in Little Gym dance/gymnastics, maybe I'll check out the classes for Cate's age group... I didn't even think of that!

Thanks for all of the ideas, ladies!

• Options
    I struggle with what to get my DD#3 too since we seem to have everything any little girl could ever want. I got her a mini trampoline and a doll for this Christmas. I love the idea of memberships or classes though since it is so expensive with 3 kids.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"