Food Allergy
Options

Help I need some motivation! (MSPI)

I am 35 wks pregnant with baby #2. DS was MSPI until just like a month ago when he turned 3 and we just started reintroducing milk and soy and he does ok so far if its baked in but is still having issues with straight dairy but that is NBD to me since we are so used to his diet anyways but the real issue is I have not been milk and soy free since I stopped BFing DS at 18mos.

I know I need to cut these items out of my diet now to get it out of my system before this baby is born but I am having the most difficult time doing it this time! I have Gestational Diabetes and have been on that diet for 27weeks now. There are so many things I have already not been able to have and all I want is a giant milkshake and all the treats I haven't been able to have after I deliver but reality is that if I am milk and soy free I can't and won't be able to for the next few years I BF.

I am no stranger to sacrificing for my children but this time feels so much harder since DH is not supportive and says things like "why are you going to limit yourself when you don't even know if this baby will be MSPI?" Obviously I want to be better safe than sorry but he thinks thats crazy! Am I crazy? Am I doing the right thing?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: Help I need some motivation! (MSPI)

• Options

People may disagree with me on this, but i would continue to eat what you normally eat  (dairy and stuff) *in moderation* and if you see signs of issues, than you stop/eliminate it.  Otherwise you will not know if DC2 has any issues. 

FWIW, my ds1 has sever multiple allergies and ds2 has none (that we know of).. i ate whatever i wanted and it was a great way to find out if he's reacting to anything.

I wouldn't go and have cheese lasagna every day before birth.. But i would definatlyeat it in moderation so it's in your system, but not on overload.

good luck!

• Options
    imagemagdusia:

People may disagree with me on this, but i would continue to eat what you normally eat  (dairy and stuff) *in moderation* and if you see signs of issues, than you stop/eliminate it.  Otherwise you will not know if DC2 has any issues. 

FWIW, my ds1 has sever multiple allergies and ds2 has none (that we know of).. i ate whatever i wanted and it was a great way to find out if he's reacting to anything.

I wouldn't go and have cheese lasagna every day before birth.. But i would definatlyeat it in moderation so it's in your system, but not on overload.

good luck!

I really agree with this one.  DS has no food allergies that we know of.  While BFing him he did seem sensative to dairy but only to straight cow's milk and cheese.. i was able to have yogurt and dairy baked in.  He was never even officially dx with MSPI.  DD on the other hand has severe allergies.. dairy, egg and peanut.  I really think each child is different and having one child who is MSPI has little reflection on whether your next child will also have it.  Plus.. how will you know if you've already eliminated it?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"