Stay at Home Moms
Options

Give me your best appetizer recipe

Our moms group is having a couples Xmas party, and we all are bringing either a "hearty" appetizer or a dessert. I'm opting to bring an app... Recommend your fave!!?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Give me your best appetizer recipe

• Options

Shrimp & cocktail sauce or spinach and artichoke dip with wheat thins.

• Options
    imageNandaB:
    I have a baguette recipe that is super yummy. You cut the baguette in half lengthwise and remove the insides, then mix the bread with cheese, sundried tomatos, herbs, and artichoke hearts. I can give you the actual recipe if you wnt. You can also make it ahead and freeze it before cooking!
    Ummm, YES please.  I would like the recipe.  Sounds fab!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1 pound sausage

8 oz cream cheese

1 1/4 cup bisquick

1/2 cup of shredded cheese

Directions: Mix all together and then roll into balls (i did small bitesize ones)

Put in oven 400 for 20 mins

They are delicious!!

• Options

I don't know about "hearty" but here is a fab dip recipe:

BLT dip

1cup sour cream, 1 cup mayo

2 tomatoes chopped up (seeded) and dry of excess water

4 scallions chopped well

1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 lb bacon cooked and chopped (can use hormel bacon bits-but real is way better)

add some s&p to taste.

serve with wheat thins, fritos, any cracker.  Its wonderful.  It always goes really fast anytime I make it!

• Options

Ok...so this one is not healthy at all, so that is my disclaimer before anyone tells me it sounds horrible for you. It is, but soooo good.

Bacon wrapped smokies

1 package little smoky weiners

1 lb bacon

2 cups brown sugar

Cut each bacon strip into 3 strips. Wrap bacon around each smokey and secure with a toothpick. Place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar over. Bake at 325 for 40 min or until bacon looks done and sugar is bubbly.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options

You will want to eat this with a spoon. I am not kidding. I've brought it to four parties in the last month and am requested to bring it every time I go anywhere now. I also keep copies of the recipe on hand because I've had at least 15 people ask me for it and I just started making it about two months ago!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

• Options

Everyone loves this jalape?o popper dip. DH requests I make it for every get together now.

https://www.annies-eats.com/2010/10/21/jalapeno-popper-dip/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"