What happens at a cookie party? — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

What happens at a cookie party?

I want to have one....but I've never been to one. How does this exchange work? Do you bake during the party? Or just bring already baked cookies and exchange?
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: What happens at a cookie party?

• Usually you bring baked cookies and exchange them.  It depends on how well you know the gals.  Our make ahead meal group we exchange and leave, like 10-15 minutes.  Our Moms Club cookie exchange will be an all night social event.

• I've never been, but my sister's stolen a few of my good recipes for them ;) 

Usually you bake a specific number of cookies (i.e. a dozen per guest) and then swap your goodies, thus leaving w/the same number but now a mix of cookies that you didn't have to bake yourself! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been invited to 2, one of which involves baking at the party and the other you just bring 3 dozen cookies and you sample and vote ont he best ones at the party.  I think there are small prizes and everyone takes some of everyone else's cookies home

I don't think there are any rules, just have it planned out how you want it to go. 

ETA - both of the above scenarios involve wine and it's a social "mom's night out" kind of thing, but at someone's house

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I know that there are websites and whole books about them. I wanted to have one for DD and her friends last year but never got around to it. I found a website that explained everything.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    There is another kid, she's 10... 
  • We had one every Christmas at a couple places I used to work. Everyone would bake about a dozen cookies for each person coming and has them separated into tins, decorative bags, boxes, whatever. Some real enthusiastic bakers did bars, cookies, no bakes, etc and had tins with a mix of everything they made, but still about a dozen treats per person. We would all meet at the boss' house for coffee, tea, snacks, and a chat. They were always pretty fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My friend hosts one every year. You are asked to bake 8 dozen cookies and bring them. She has food and drinks. We play some Christmas trivia and then we do the swap. All of the cookies are put in a table in your container. First round everyone takes 2 of each cookie. The next round everyone takes one. I usually end up with enough cookies to put together five tins to give out or take to family Christmas. She also gives out prizes and makes a gift for everyone. I think there are over 20 of us who attend. She has it down to a science and it is something we all look forward to every year. 
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2ry6ly0.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards