Stay at Home Moms

Give me your best appetizer recipe

Our moms group is having a couples Xmas party, and we all are bringing either a "hearty" appetizer or a dessert. I'm opting to bring an app... Recommend your fave!!?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Give me your best appetizer recipe

• Shrimp & cocktail sauce or spinach and artichoke dip with wheat thins.

• imageNandaB:
    I have a baguette recipe that is super yummy. You cut the baguette in half lengthwise and remove the insides, then mix the bread with cheese, sundried tomatos, herbs, and artichoke hearts. I can give you the actual recipe if you wnt. You can also make it ahead and freeze it before cooking!
    Ummm, YES please.  I would like the recipe.  Sounds fab!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 1 pound sausage

8 oz cream cheese

1 1/4 cup bisquick

1/2 cup of shredded cheese

Directions: Mix all together and then roll into balls (i did small bitesize ones)

Put in oven 400 for 20 mins

They are delicious!!

• I don't know about "hearty" but here is a fab dip recipe:

BLT dip

1cup sour cream, 1 cup mayo

2 tomatoes chopped up (seeded) and dry of excess water

4 scallions chopped well

1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 lb bacon cooked and chopped (can use hormel bacon bits-but real is way better)

add some s&p to taste.

serve with wheat thins, fritos, any cracker.  Its wonderful.  It always goes really fast anytime I make it!

• Ok...so this one is not healthy at all, so that is my disclaimer before anyone tells me it sounds horrible for you. It is, but soooo good.

Bacon wrapped smokies

1 package little smoky weiners

1 lb bacon

2 cups brown sugar

Cut each bacon strip into 3 strips. Wrap bacon around each smokey and secure with a toothpick. Place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar over. Bake at 325 for 40 min or until bacon looks done and sugar is bubbly.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• You will want to eat this with a spoon. I am not kidding. I've brought it to four parties in the last month and am requested to bring it every time I go anywhere now. I also keep copies of the recipe on hand because I've had at least 15 people ask me for it and I just started making it about two months ago!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

• Everyone loves this jalape?o popper dip. DH requests I make it for every get together now.

https://www.annies-eats.com/2010/10/21/jalapeno-popper-dip/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"