Babies on the Brain

Just For Kicks

How did YH pop the question?

For me, DH took me to a nice restaurant for our 5 year anniversary and when I wasn't looking he slipped out of his seat and onto 1 knee. When saw him and the ring he asked and of course I said yes. Then I noticed two people taking photos. He had hired. A couple of photographers to capture the moment and they made a video / slideshow for us!

Re: Just For Kicks

• Before MH and I officially started dating we drove out to a waterfall near our work after one especially crappy week. He always said that I gave him butterflies that night as we stood talking in the moonlight, and that's when he knew. We went there on our dating anniversary, and he asked me to marry him at the top of the waterfall under the stars. It was super romantic.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Was at my Dads Christmas night.  We all were taking family pictures by the tree while others were talking on Skype with my sister in California, and when him and I went up for our pictures he got down and asked in front of my entire family.  All I remember was hearing my sister on the computer yelling to her husband "David come here!!! Josh just asked Amanda to marry him!!!" hahaha

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebugandbibs:
    Before MH and I officially started dating we drove out to a waterfall near our work after one especially crappy week. He always said that I gave him butterflies that night as we stood talking in the moonlight, and that's when he knew. We went there on our dating anniversary, and he asked me to marry him at the top of the waterfall under the stars. It was super romantic.

awwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My dh and dd both got up early on a Saturday and let me sleep in his alarm went off and i didnt think about, we always go by mine plus it was the weekend. When I came downstairs I went to the kitchen and said awe you got me flowers for my birthday thanks, turned and started getting stuff out breakfast. He then said did you look in the flowers? that's when I noticed the box! When I turned around he was on one knee in the middle of the kitchen with my dd. I of course said yes! It wasnt all fancy but it was perfect pajamas and all =
  • We were sitting at home on a Friday night.  He told he loved me so much and wanted to be with me forever. He said I should marry him, and I said "Don't worry I will."  He told me I didn't get what he was asking and then pulled out the ring.  It was perfect!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • After we had sex, he proposed naked in our backyard under a full moon while I was screaming that someone will see.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • imagereason00:
    After we had sex, he proposed naked in our backyard under a full moon while I was screaming that someone will see.

Now THAT is a story to tell the kids!
  • imagereason00:
    After we had sex, he proposed naked in our backyard under a full moon while I was screaming that someone will see.

Someone pass her the trophy.

DH yelled for me to come downstairs. I walked down and there were some candles lit, some pictures of us through the years and a letter that insctructed me to read the entire thing before turning around. I did, it was a beautiful letter that ended with 'turn around'. DH was on one knee with the ring.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •      DH and I always said that it was "love at first sight", we were using the L word within three days of starting to date. Well he would always ask me how much I loved him and I would say something ridiculous like "I love you times a million plus 27". then ask him how much he loved me and his response was always the same, "one day I will show you".

Fast forward 2.5 years later, Valentine's Day 2010. He is usually extremely eager to open gifts on holidays so I found it strange when I asked him in the morning if he wanted to exchange or presents and he said no. I kept asking through the day, after our fancy hibachi dinner, before he left for his hockey game, and got the same "nope" every time. He got back from his hockey game around 10 that night and said he was finally ready to open gifts. He hands me a card with a nervous look on his face and I start getting excited thinking "this is it!". In the card he had written a list of all the things he loved about me, which made me start crying because he's not the most romantic guy in the world, and when I finished reading it I gave him a big hug and thanked him. He whispered in my ear "remember all those times you asked me how much I loved you and I always said 'one day I will show you'?". Before I could even register what was happening, he had dropped down onto his knee and was holding a ring out, asking if I would marry him. I freaked out, asked him "are you serious?!" and jumped him Smile

• DH had a community choir concert and right before the last song he slipped out of the auditorium. When the song ended he reappeared in a different outfit, with a huge bouquet of flowers and a microphone. After handing me the flowers he sang "Only You" by The Platters to me in front of over 100 people!! When he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I could barely get the word "yes" out of my mouth. The following summer, we did the choir together and 1 year, 1 month and 1 day after he proposed we were married! :)
    Birthday Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"