Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Rocking horse ?

What age do babies/kids like rocking horses and are able to have fun on them?

I was thinking about getting one for LO for Christmas but I don't really want to get him anything that he won't be ready for for a few months.  

image image image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rocking horse ?

• My son liked it more around 18 months when he was able to walk better and was able to sit on the horse.  We have this Nursery Horse Rocker from Pottery Barn Kids.

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • 18-24 months was when DD1 was most interested in her rocking toy. We have one of these:

https://www.rockabye.com/shop/rockers/fergie-frog-chair-rocker

I liked it because it actually has a little bit of a seat to help keep LO from falling off.

• Loading the player...
  • imagellc730:

18-24 months was when DD1 was most interested in her rocking toy. We have one of these:

https://www.rockabye.com/shop/rockers/fergie-frog-chair-rocker

I liked it because it actually has a little bit of a seat to help keep LO from falling off.

We have one very similar to this and my son is really into it now (he's almost 9 months). He's really tall (a little over 32 inches) so I think that helps. I've been putting him in it for the last month and sitting with him, helping him rock and making sure he didn't fall out. In the last two weeks, he's started rocking himself and he has a great time. For a lot of these smaller rockers, if he doesn't use them now, I don't think he'll ever be able to since his knees will pretty much be on the floor when he hits the suggested age if he keeps growing like he is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• OOOO-I love the pottery barn one. I want to get it for Farrah! I figure it will be perfect for her birthday or next Christmas when she will be 18 months :)
    Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Around a year and 1/2 DD started using hers.  She is 2.5 and loves to rock on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"