Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

3 mo drinks > 32oz/day

Title: 3 month old drinks more than 32 ounces per day.

DS is almost 15 weeks. He is 100% FF. He gets 5-6 oz. every 2-3 hours. From what I understand, a baby his age should receive 4-6 oz every 3-4 hours. My LO cannot make it 3 hours sometimes, let alone 4. And he's now constantly crying after 5 oz. He doesn't wake up overnight to feed anymore. He can go about 8 hour stretches. I plan to talk to pedi about this but anyone else supplementing with anything if you have a very enthusiastic eater??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: 3 mo drinks > 32oz/day

• Options

As long as he's still in the same weight percentile as he has been, not jumping up drastically, I don't really think you have a problem.

My LO is 4 months old, weights around 16lbs, and he has BM through a bottle.  He eats between 30 to 35oz a day and the doc sees no problem with that.  He has always been in the 75th percentile for weight and continues to be. He has 5oz bottles about every 3 hours and still wakes once a night to eat.  If your LO isn't waking up at night to eat, it makes sense that he's trying to eat more during the day to make up those calories.   My LO definitely doesn't go 4 hours without eating unless he's asleep.

Remember that estimates like " a baby his age should receive 4-6 oz every 3-4 hours" are just estimates.  Every baby is different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"