Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Anxiety??

Any one else with LOs with really bad anxiety? DS just started covering his ears when he gets nervous. He will do it when someone new comes to talk to him, when he knows we're about to tell him no, and when he sees certain people on TV. He will also do it when DH starts to talk to him because he has a loud voice. Is this normal? He also will lay his head down when he gets nervous. He went through a little anxiety around 9 months but then went away until just recently. [we've had his ears checked for infection just recently too.]
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anxiety??

• Options
    imagekbruington:
    It seems like everything you describe is sound related?? Might not be an infection but sensitive hearing? Maybe something like that....
    My LO hides his face and blushes when he's being shy but I haven't heard of a baby having anxiety.

That's what I thought at first, but if we are just playing around with him and singing loud he doesn't do it. It's only when he knows he's not supposed to do something. [like he will pinch and the immediately cover his ear because he knows we are going to tell him no...and we don't even say it loud he just hates being told no.] the dr didn't seem too concerned just wanted to see if any one else had this going on.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds more cause and effect than anxiety. My older daughter will look at me and do something naughty slowly, as if waiting for me to tell her no so she can stop real quick and act like nothing is going on. I have done a little studying on pschology, but I think he is too young to analyze for odd behaviors :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"