High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Year Old Hip Injury

Hey ladies! I don't know if I'm going to be considered high risk or not, but this was the best place I could think to post.

Has anyone else here had any major hip injuries before their pregnancies? If so, did any of you have early pain issues that concerned you?

I'm a first timer about 4 1/2 weeks along, and I was in a bad motorcycle wreck a year ago. The right side of my hip was fractured in several places and torn almost off my spine. I had to have a bunch of plates and screws put in for the fractures and a giant bolt inserted to fuse my hip to my spine. I also suffered neurological complications of the surgery, and I have total foot drop partially paralyzed leg/foot.

I just found out I am pregnant on Saturday, and pelvic/back pain started almost immediately. I haven't had ANY bleeding, and the abdominal pain is mild, but it is persistent, and it's primarily in the upper groin/lower abdomen on my right side. My back pain feels eerily like the pain from my hip fusion after surgery I have short, sharp pains on the right side of my spine when I step my weight on my right side. When I'm not standing, that pain is gone and all that's left is a little lingering soreness in the same spot, and that makes me feel a little better.

Still, I am so scared my pain is a sign of some problem with the pregnancy. I couldn't get an appt with the OB until next Thursday, so I have another week of waiting and wondering.

Does anyone else have any experience with this kind of thing??

Re: Year Old Hip Injury

• Options
    I have a friend who had her daughter about the same time as my son was born. She had had major pelvis and hip trauma because of a car accident several years previously. Her hips and back did bother her from the start, but she was able to be active the whole pregnancy and carried her baby to term. Good luck!
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"