August 2011 Moms

15 mos stats?

Has everyone had their well check?

How big is your kid?

dd is 20lbs 14oz (40%), 30.5in (40%) and has an 18 cm head (49%).

She's keeping on her curve, so that's cool I think. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: 15 mos stats?

• DS is small.  25lbs and 31 in. I think his head was around 18. They didn't give me percentile but I think it's between 25-50 
  • imageMrsSkull1107:

DD is 20lbs 6oz (13%), 30 inches (35%) and 18 1/4 inch head.

I'm thinking you mean 18"? 18 cm is tiny!

Anyway, DD has actually fallen off her curve for weight. Like gone down in percentiles the last three times. So we have to pump her full of healthy calories and hope she maintains her weight curve for the next check.

my dr must be using way different charts.  Dd started at 80 for weight at birth and has slowly dropped down the curve (but on her own curve, if that makes sense). 

And yes, I must have meant 18 in ;p 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We go next week, but I just wanted to say I recently read a great article about stats and curves with little ones. Basically, we are conditioned to think that 100% is the best and 0% is the worst (just from a life of test scores etc), however as long as your child is growing along their OWN curve, there's no reason to worry, and even if they are off the curve it is just one of many flags that a doctor looks at.

It also said that in this day and age, with child obesity such an issue, that being higher is definitely not necessarily better. 

My DS had a "huge" change change in percentile at one appointment, and it turned out he was incorrectly entered as a female to start, and when they switched it to male it was more normal! Totally different comparisons there, too.  

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • She is 22lbs (65%) and 31 inches (45 %) and don't know head size but it's 65%
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I think most do.  I was just curious how these kiddos compared, I am aware that it doesn't matter at all.
  • We went a couple weeks ago. Lj was 22 lbs and 33 1/4 inches tall. I can't remember her head circumference but it was on the smaller size. She has always had a little head though.

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• we will see tomorrow. chase has is 15 month check up in the morning. Dreading the shots!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary
  • We will find out tomorrow. Last time she was at the pedi for an ear infection she was 26lbs. I'm going to predict she's 27 now.
  • I think I'm gonna go unofficially measure him...we don't have a 15 month well check!!

I was curious so I did the stand on the scale and weigh holding him and not, and then mark the wall and measure with a tape measure.

Based on that, he's 29.2 lb (99th %ile), and 32" (79th %ile). 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLalaMama81:

imageBnchaNums:
    Yes, I think most do.  I was just curious how these kiddos compared, I am aware that it doesn't matter at all.

Oh, I agree, it is interesting. I was referring more to the article that was mentioned like it was new news.

Even thought I know it doesn't matter, it's still fun to know. 

I know it's not new news; I didn't do the article justice. I don't have an online version, it spoke about how even though moms *know* that higher isn't better, there is still a general feeling of pride attached to a higher number when there shouldn't necessarily be.  

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DS was 23 lbs 9 oz and just shy of 35 inches. He is a very tall skinny minny. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsSkull1107:
    As a side note, is anyone dealing with falling off the curve? I'm not overly freaked out about it because DD is healthy and growing, albeit slowly, but I'm wondering what other people are doing to help their LOs maintain and increase their weight?

My girls fell off their curves (which were already low) around 7/8 mo. Honestly there isn't much you CAN do other than offer a lot of healthy, high calorie, fatty food :) We actually ended up taking my smaller DD to a GI doc for testing to be sure nothing was wrong (she is fine). As long as they're hitting milestones etc, there's nothing to worry about. Neither of my girls is anywhere near the weight curve on the CDC chart and they're barely on the WHO chart (so they're in FTT range for weight) but they're developing normally.  Also, especially if she's been sick or recently started walking, it could just be a blip.

We last weighed in at 14 mo (our pedi was leaving the practice so we did a full well vist then and just came back for shots and to meet our new pedi at 15 mo) and they were 17lbs6oz and 18lb4oz and 29 inches. They're 16 months today and I'd guess they're about 18 and 19.5 lbs. I should weigh them.

• Bean was 27 lbs 3 oz and 32 inches tall. i think her head was 18in but i usually dont keep track of that one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Olivia is 20lbs ( ~10%) and 28.5 in.

Dr. says she seems small but knows DH and I are both pretty short so DD's just gonna be petite, so she's not worried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We don't go until mid December, but I can't wait to see how she is measuring up.  DH is worried she is "too skinny" but I just say she's lean and mean :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrsSkull1107:
    As a side note, is anyone dealing with falling off the curve? I'm not overly freaked out about it because DD is healthy and growing, albeit slowly, but I'm wondering what other people are doing to help their LOs maintain and increase their weight?

We fell off the curve at around 9 mos. Back then we were still BFing and DD looked about the size of an average 5 or 6 month old. I THINK (too lazy to go pull the baby book) she was about 15 lbs.

When I looked at a WHO growth chart (since BFing is more prominent worldwide than here in the U.S.) she was in the 10th%. It was just on the AAP's chart (Generally FF American babies are bigger)  she had dropped off completely. Once I saw that I felt a lot better.

Currently I'm not doing anything to try to increase DD's weight. She's at about 10% (on the AAP chart) and she's  quite small, but she's happy and healthy and the Dr. isn't concerned. She does get whole milk and plenty to eat so I know she's getting everything she needs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No such thing as a 15-month well check around these parts. We did have her weighed for her last round of antibiotics, so I know she is 26lbs. I think that puts her in the 75th percentile, which would be par for the course for her.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well we went today and Chase weighed 24lbs 10 oz, 31 inches long, and his head was 19 1/2. He is in the 43% for height, 75% for Weight(doctor was completely excited about this since he was premature and less than 5lbs), and 88% for head. Chase has a big head apparently lol.

3 shots plus the flu shot. Was really against the flu shot(have 4 friends whose kids have gotten it recently and all 4 ended up with the flu in a week) but doctor said since Chase had already been in the hospital for meningitis and has been so sick all year that it was better for him to have it so I gave in. We shall see if I regret that choice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary
  • image5953fpp:
    DS is small.  25lbs and 31 in. I think his head was around 18. They didn't give me percentile but I think it's between 25-50 

That's not that small; it sounds like he's right on track. We actually just came home from the doctor's! She was 24 lbs, 6 oz., and 30.5 inches tall, head was 18". She's 40% in head circ and 41% in height, and 67% weight.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We finally went today. He was 24lb 15 oz, 33ish inches, and >19" head circumference. (I'd have to dig in my purse to find the paper it's written on.) I know weight is only around 50%, height is 90-95%, and head circ is around 90%.

He feels like he weighs more than 25lb, though. I was surprised. He followed his curve from last time, so we're good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"