Working Moms

Holiday bonus/gift for in-home dc?

Just checking to see what the norm is for holiday gift giving with regard to an in-home daycare.  DD was previously in a center where they took initiative to say no bonuses, etc.  So we baked the care givers in her room homemade cookies and chex mix.  Would the same work for the in-home care giver or should we consider giving a holiday bonus?  Appreciate your thoughts and responses!

Re: Holiday bonus/gift for in-home dc?

• We're at an in-home place. It's off the books and she's like another grandmothers to my kids. We did a week's extra pay in cash when we just had the one DS. Now its a bit less than a week's worth for the 2!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • A weeks pay is what we do. Last 2 years we had 2 there-so she got a weeks pay then as well---we spent more on the sitter than anyone else! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We pay our provider a weeks worth in cash too
  • We have a friend that recently had a baby and she decided to become a SAHM, and we take Ky to her 3 times a week (other 2 days he is with grandma and grandpa).  She is only asking for $25 a day ($75 a week then) so for christmas we are planning on giving her a pretty good amount... I am becoming pretty crafty, so I will be making her a couple of things (will equal out to about $40-50 plus my time), otherwise a GC for $50 to Walmart and a $50 GC to Outback Steakhouse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it all depends on how much you want to spend.  Cash is always a good way to go, but some people (myself included) can't or don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a cash gift.  I think that if you want to spend $50 or less, then you should do a gift or gift card.  At the end of the day, it really is the thought that counts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"