Stay at Home Moms
Options

What happens at a cookie party?

I want to have one....but I've never been to one. How does this exchange work? Do you bake during the party? Or just bring already baked cookies and exchange?
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: What happens at a cookie party?

• Options

Usually you bring baked cookies and exchange them.  It depends on how well you know the gals.  Our make ahead meal group we exchange and leave, like 10-15 minutes.  Our Moms Club cookie exchange will be an all night social event.

• Options

I've never been, but my sister's stolen a few of my good recipes for them ;) 

Usually you bake a specific number of cookies (i.e. a dozen per guest) and then swap your goodies, thus leaving w/the same number but now a mix of cookies that you didn't have to bake yourself! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have been invited to 2, one of which involves baking at the party and the other you just bring 3 dozen cookies and you sample and vote ont he best ones at the party.  I think there are small prizes and everyone takes some of everyone else's cookies home

I don't think there are any rules, just have it planned out how you want it to go. 

ETA - both of the above scenarios involve wine and it's a social "mom's night out" kind of thing, but at someone's house

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    I know that there are websites and whole books about them. I wanted to have one for DD and her friends last year but never got around to it. I found a website that explained everything.
  • Options
    We had one every Christmas at a couple places I used to work. Everyone would bake about a dozen cookies for each person coming and has them separated into tins, decorative bags, boxes, whatever. Some real enthusiastic bakers did bars, cookies, no bakes, etc and had tins with a mix of everything they made, but still about a dozen treats per person. We would all meet at the boss' house for coffee, tea, snacks, and a chat. They were always pretty fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My friend hosts one every year. You are asked to bake 8 dozen cookies and bring them. She has food and drinks. We play some Christmas trivia and then we do the swap. All of the cookies are put in a table in your container. First round everyone takes 2 of each cookie. The next round everyone takes one. I usually end up with enough cookies to put together five tins to give out or take to family Christmas. She also gives out prizes and makes a gift for everyone. I think there are over 20 of us who attend. She has it down to a science and it is something we all look forward to every year. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"