Stay at Home Moms
Options

christmas shopping..

Does your DH do any Christmas shopping, besides for you?

Dh doesn't. I really think that if he was single no one would get anything except maybe some lottery tickets that he would pick up on the way to the holiday party.

He really has no idea how many people we buy for, what the limits are for each family, who to buy for, or how much we actually spend. haha. He also does no wrapping! 

ETA: Wrapping gifts is my favorite thing ever. I takes me days and day to wrap each gift perfectly, so i wouldn;t let him touch the wrapping even if he did want to. 

Re: christmas shopping..

• Options
    DH doesn't do any shopping for any occasion. He usually finds out what we gave as the recipient opens it. He doesn't pick out cards or sign them either. I usually ask if he has any ideas for his parents, brother, and sister, but he never does. So I just do my thing and he fully admits to people that I pick out the gifts when they try to thank him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No, but we don't buy anything for anyone in his family.  He often picks up things to add to the kids's stuff

He is a way better wrapper then me, I am terrible!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hardly! I do GCs for his family with little to no input from him. He might get something for the girls from the bookman who comes to his work but otherwise he is not at all a shopper.

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options
    Shopping for his parents, sister, and BIL is his responsibility. I took over my nephews after he forgot them one year. (Horribly embarrassing and I didn't want to take the chance that he'd do it again.)  As far as our kids and my family, it's all me.
  • Options
    No, and what shopping he does is done on-line.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He goes with me sometimes and we talk about what we're buying for everybody.
  • Options

I make DH get his families gifts.  If there were nieces and nephews on that side I would buy for the kids, but there isn't.  Sometimes his mom still picks out some of the presents (I don't even care as long as it is done).

I love to wrap presents and do all the wrapping :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My husband is a terrible shopper and I can count on my hand how many times we have shopped together. I buy all the presents for his family and mine. But, I enjoy shopping:)

He does wrap a lot of presents (I hate wrapping) and stages the room for Christmas morning. I always leave him up putting together all the kids presents together Christmas Eve.

• Options

DH is the same as yours.  He was amazed with my list last night that I have so much for each person already.

• Options
    He does not do any of the shopping unless it is something outdoorsy (ie: got his dad a fishing rod and my dad a pocket knife) He has to be the one to pick those things out cause he knows i don't know anything about the difference of that stuff.  Other than that he doesn't give any suggestions or do the shopping. He does humor me when i come home with something and want to show him what i got people.  Also i do all the wrapping except what he gets me. I'm way better and faster than him but then again i have more practice
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup! He's just as interested in what we get the people in our lives as I am. We brainstorm together and usually the shopping is split pretty equally between us. He bought all DD's gifts this year. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageKateMW:
    He goes with me sometimes and we talk about what we're buying for everybody.

This is us. I come up with a list of everything we are buying for our families and he (if he is in town) will go shopping with me. If he isnt I either go get the things or I order online.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No way, he doesn't do any shopping.  I buy for his nieces & nephew, and all of my family.  When we first started dating I'd make him come with me to shop for his family.  Since then we've scaled back to just the kids so I can handle that myself.  Kids are easy to buy for! 

If he buys for me, which we don't usually do, it's electronics or he buys it online.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"