Georgia Babies
Options

Time to start shopping for a Preschool in Smyrna area

Hello all! I need to find a preschool for my daughter starting next fall. She'll be three and I'm thinking i only want her to go 2 or 3 days a week. Any recommendations? I can get a discount at the Goddard School through my work so thoughts on that would be great as well.

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Time to start shopping for a Preschool in Smyrna area

• Options

Gavin was at the Smyrna Goddard part time in the 2 and then 3 year old rooms while Sophie was at daycare at my office (I refer to the 2 daycare time of my life as the "insanity phase").  We loved it there and his teachers were AMAZING.  I fully credit them for finishing up his potty training and also for his speech development.   But ultimately, when it came time to move Sophie, we decided it would be best to move them both closer to home and we've been equally pleased at our new center.  

One word of caution- they got a little weird about the part time thing.  First they acted like it was no big deal and they do it all the time.  I needed him to be there Tue/Wed/Thu vs M/W/F and they said that was fine.  Then all of a sudden they sent me an email and said they could no longer accomodate that schedule and we could pay the full time rate but only send him those days- WTH?!!  When I pressed them, they agreed to work with me and do M/T/W b/c they had another family that wanted 2 days a week- Th/F.  Also, they kept pushing back when they would have a spot for Sophie.  Those 2 things combined and it became more trouble than it was worth so we just decided to go with Primrose close to home.  I think if you are just clear with them about the days of the week, you'll be fine.  I totally understood that they wanted to accomodate the other family- it just irritated me that they didn't ask me to switch days- they asked me to pay for FULL TIME.  That seemed shady. 

• Options
    We absolutely loved First Baptist Church of Smyrna. They were wonderful and DD loved it there. She still asks to go to school there! The year before she was at Vinings Academy and she hated it, she begged me not to take her there in the mornings. Plus, we did not get a good vibe from the teachers there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We got to Smyrna First United Methodist and it's AMAZING!  The teachers are wonderful and they have tons of special events, too.  Marlowe loves going to school (she was bummed there were no classes last week during Thanksgiving). 

They have a curriculum they follow, and we just had our first parent/teacher conference which was pretty hilarious for a 2 year old.  She goes 2 days a week from 9-12 and she'd probably love to do more, but this works for us. 

I believe they start registering in January and it fills up fast.  Let me know if you want the information. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBottomStar:

They have a curriculum they follow, and we just had our first parent/teacher conference which was pretty hilarious for a 2 year old.  

OMG, I know!  I had Gavin's first parent/teacher conference when he was 6 mos old.  I was like, seriously... what are we going to talk about... how well he poops?!  They are pretty entertaining at this age though.  The things they tell me about Sophie absolutely crack me up.

• Options

Caroline has been going to First Baptist Smyrna since she was 2 and we love it there (Caroline is now in the 4 year class and Taylor is in the 1 year class).  I believe the 3 year olds have a 3 day or 5 day option.  But, as with everything in Smyrna, there is a crazy wait list.  They have enrollment in February and I think they have an open house in January.  If you check out their website they have information on there about it.  https://www.smyrnafirst.org/ministries_weekday_ed/ministries_weekday_ed.asp

The hours are 9-1 which I love because they do lunch there, but there is no carpool.  That doesn't bother me though because I feel like you get to know the teachers and other parents a lot better that way. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another vote for Smyrna First Baptist. We have been really pleased with the curriculum and how much progress E has made. We have met some wonderful people and the staff is amazing. A few negatives if I had to list some, is that PreK is 5 days,I really wish it were only 4, and the wait lists to get in. We were wait listed last year for E but luckily got a spot in August but EB did not get in. I am lucky to have them both there this year. They absolutely love it!  I agree with Alison to do the open house and then be online the very second registration opens up on the fastest computer you can find! Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"