Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Burning while peeing after D&C?

I had to have a D&C today.  I feel okay physically except that every time I go to the bathroom, it burns.  They told me that this could happen, but...owww.

Anyone else have this?  How long did it last? 

Re: Burning while peeing after D&C?

• Options
    Watch it. It could be a uti. Try an azo standard pill. It numbs the urinary tract. Turns your urine orange but boy does it help.
  • Options
    Never had burning after any D and C. Call your OBGYN and get a script for antibiotics. Getting any type of infection after this procedure can harm future fertility. Don't take it lightly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happened to me too actually, but only on my first and second pee post-op. It was because the doctor "drained" my bladder when I was under. The burning was from the catheter.  

• Options
    It can be perfectly normal. I had intense burning for 24 hours after my DC.

They use soap down there and the procedure is invasive.

If you are still having that sensation after 24 hours I'd calk your doctor

• Options
    Thanks for the responses.  Fortunately, the burning went away.
  • Options
    imageJune9Bride:
    This happened to me too actually, but only on my first and second pee post-op. It was because the doctor "drained" my bladder when I was under. The burning was from the catheter.  

^^^ this. They told me to expect it because of the catheter. Glad to hear there isn't any more burning

****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"