Stay at Home Moms

Advice

I'm trying to figure out what jobs I need to take on as a SAHM. Right now Im caring for LOappts/activities, doing most of the cleaning, finances, most of the cooking and some shopping. But should I be responsible for making DHs hair cut appts, dental appts or his dry cleaning? It just seems like some things that he should take care of are easier for me to do for him because I'm home. Where do you draw the line so to speak? I don't want to take on so much where I start resenting him which can easily happen.

Re: Advice

• If you want to do it as a loving act for him then that would be fine. But don't do it because you feel you should or you have to. Really it depends on the couple. This would be a great conversation to have with him and see what he thinks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a Sahm, I do all things you stated. Including the appts but we don't do drycleaning. I babysit 3 10 hour days also and am pregnant. Sometimes I get overwhelmed but I just ask dh for help or talk to him to vent and it gets better. Just do what your comfortable with. If I were you I'd maybe drop off his clothes but he pick them up.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejnjmommy0609:
    If you want to do it as a loving act for him then that would be fine. But don't do it because you feel you should or you have to. Really it depends on the couple. This would be a great conversation to have with him and see what he thinks.

This. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I do the same as you. I don't know DH's meeting schedule at work so it makes more sense for him to make his own appointments. And he drops off/picks up his own dry cleaning on his way home from work or we stop in when we are out and about on Saturday, it's like 5 minutes from our house.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagejnjmommy0609:
    If you want to do it as a loving act for him then that would be fine. But don't do it because you feel you should or you have to. Really it depends on the couple. This would be a great conversation to have with him and see what he thinks.

This!  

• DH is in charge of himself. That means taking care of his dry cleaning, personal hygiene appointments, etc. He is also in charge of paying the non-direct withdrawal bills, car maintenance, and lawn care.

Everything else falls under my jurisdiction. Dr. app for me, kid, cooking, most of the cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"