Parenting after a Loss
Options

NCP: baby shower games

Please list your favorite baby shower games and the games you hate.

Reason: I am working on planning my best friend's baby shower and I don't want the games to suck. I want both grandmas and friends to have fun. Most of the guest are teachers so work sheets are "fun".

Games I am thinking of is gift bingo, book raffle, ABCs of baby, baby trivia, finish the baby rhyme, name the family [ animal family names] baby shower word search, pack and play set up race.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NCP: baby shower games

• Options
    imageshmeell25:
    I'm not a fan of baby shower games but I can tell you the one I absolutely hate is the diaper baby food one. It's gross.nbsp;
    oh god no! No diaper I deal with enough of them.

• Options
    I like the game where guests guess what's in a full diaper bag. The mom to be keeps the bag and the goodies in it. I asked that we not play the game where they guess how big your belly is with toilet paper, string or actual numbers. Um, no thanks...no one needs to know how big I am pregnant or not!

ETA. The games you've got lined up sound great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had Playdoh on all the tables, had everyone at the party make a Playdoh baby. They put them all on one table & I picked out the "winning" two babies. It was cute, & fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebmv1980:
    I like the game where guests guess what's in a full diaper bag. The mom to be keeps the bag and the goodies in it. I asked that we not play the game where they guess how big your belly is with toilet paper, string or actual numbers. Um, no thanks...no one needs to know how big I am pregnant or not!

ETA. The games you've got lined up sound great!
    I hadnt heard of the fill the bag game that sounds like fun. And she already ask for no belly measurement games.

• Options

My favorite game is "don't say baby." At the start of the shower, all the guests get three clothespins to clip to their shirts. As the shower goes on, you are forbidden from saying "baby," "cute," or crossing your legs (the hardest one to remember!). If you catch another guest breaking the rules, you call them out and take one of their clothespins. The person at the end of the shower with the most pins wins a small prize.

I like it because the game continues throughout the shower; you don't have to halt the shower to play.  It also breaks the ice a little and forces people to interact.

BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagexleslieraex:
    We had Playdoh on all the tables, had everyone at the party make a Playdoh baby. They put them all on one table amp; I picked out the "winning" two babies. It was cute, amp; fun.
    oh adding that to the list to be pitch tomorrow to grandma to be. She is helping me plan the shower.

• Options
    imagebluebonnetmeg:
    My favorite game is "don't say baby." At the start of the shower, all the guests get three clothespins to clip to their shirts. As the shower goes on, you are forbidden from saying "baby," "cute," or crossing your legs the hardest one to remember!. If you catch another guest breaking the rules, you call them out and take one of their clothespins. The person at the end of the shower with the most pins wins a small prize. I like it because the game continues throughout the shower; you don't have to halt the shower to play.nbsp; It also breaks the ice a little and forces people to interact.
    hmmm I don't think this one will work as there will be two baby there and I want to hear how cute my baby boy is while I sit with my legs crossed on the floor! LOL.

• Options

My SIL did a fun one for mine with DD.  She broke everyone into teams of 4-5ppl and set up like a relay race.  They had to put 2 quarters between their knees and then waddle across the lawn and drop it in a large pickle jar.  It was pretty funny :)  And I didn't participate, so even better!

ETA:  I would try to keep it to 3 games tops. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

imageshmeell25:
    I'm not a fan of baby shower games but I can tell you the one I absolutely hate is the diaper baby food one. It's gross. 

This.  If you have a Dollar Tree or Party City nearby they have the trivia games and other non gross shower games.....that are already set up for you.  One thing that was cute at a shower I went to was a jar full of diaper pins and you had to guess how many.  The winner got a card for free dinner.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    imageluvmyducks:
    My SIL did a fun one for mine with DD. nbsp;She broke everyone into teams of 45ppl and set up like a relay race. nbsp;They had to put 2 quarters between their knees and then waddle across the lawn and drop it in a large pickle jar. nbsp;It was pretty funny : nbsp;And I didn't participate, so even better!ETA: nbsp;I would try to keep it to 3 games tops.nbsp;
    I am just trying to get a list together to share with grandma to be to pick from.

• Options
    One of the best games I saw was the price is right. There were 4 chairs set up with baskets of different baby products on each chair. You had to guess how much each basket cost. Of course in the end all the stuff goes to the mom to be but it was all baby essentials things. It was creative and fun. See how well you know how much things cost. They purchased each basket on a seperated transaction so they could get the total.

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options

imagexleslieraex:
    We had Playdoh on all the tables, had everyone at the party make a Playdoh baby. They put them all on one table & I picked out the "winning" two babies. It was cute, & fun.

Adorable!! I agree with PP, you've got some fun stuff planned! 

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"