3rd Trimester
Options

How many newborn size diapers do I need? (0-10 lb)

I am ordering diapers in bulk from amazon and I want to stock up on newborn and size 1 pampers swaddlers but I keep hearing you might not need many newborn size.  Would one package of 88 be too many?  

Re: How many newborn size diapers do I need? (0-10 lb)

• Options
    i just bought a small box for now - if baby is small you can always buy more. i bought a big box (240) swaddlers in size 1. DS1 didn't really use size 2 as much as 1 and then up to 3...
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I already have 2 boxes about that size. With my DD I think we went through about 4 boxes of newborn and she was born at exactly the 50th percentile. Maybe buy one box of that brand and one box of a different brand. I had always heard Pampers were the best, but I ended up liking Huggies Little Snugglers better.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My firstborn doubled her weight within a month and a half, so we blew through sizes pretty fast. By three months of age she was in 3's. I recall maybe using 2 large boxes on newborns. But buy a small pack at first, then go from there. Diapers are one thing you really can't anticipate because every kid is so different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options

imagerjeller32:
    My firstborn doubled her weight within a month and a half, so we blew through sizes pretty fast. By three months of age she was in 3's. I recall maybe using 2 large boxes on newborns. But buy a small pack at first, then go from there. Diapers are one thing you really can't anticipate because every kid is so different.

Yes 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD and DS both were in size 1's from birth, 8lbs 14oz and 9lbs 15oz. It really depends on the kid. As long as you don't open the package, Amazon is awesome with returns, even diapers... as long as it fits the 90day window.

Also, not sure if you already know, but look into subscribe and save and amazon mom to save even more on diapers!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have 8 boxes of newborn diapers (4 for each baby) because they were bought on sale or given as gifts. I bought them all at BRU so they can be exchanged for larger sizes of necessary. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    I only have one package of newborn, they were a gift. DS was 8.8lbs and this one is looking to be bigger. I have a ton of size 1's and one of 2's. I like the swaddlers for NB size, but ultimately found I liked the huggies brand better. It kept the explosive watery poo contained. With other brands, even pampers, it would always ride up DS's back. Friggen nasty.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I also have only one package.  My DS only used one package of them.  If LO needs more I will send DH to buy more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You will have no idea until the baby is here. It varies way too much. DS was 9lbs5oz at birth and we only used one small package that we got from the hospital. I ended up exchanging all the nb's we had at home.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    Every baby is different and grows at different rates, plus if your baby is 8 lbs, but long and thin, they could wear saddlers for longer. My DD was in swaddlers for about a month (she was 6 lbs 9 oz and gained really slowly) but she has always been long and thin so even at 10 lbs, she was still in swaddlers. It all varies. For this baby, I bought 1 bulk box of 240 and am stocking up on 1-2s. If they need more of the smaller sizes its no biggy to order more. If they out grow them before the box is empty, you can always give them away or donate them.
  • Options
    imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:

DD and DS both were in size 1's from birth, 8lbs 14oz and 9lbs 15oz. It really depends on the kid. As long as you don't open the package, Amazon is awesome with returns, even diapers... as long as it fits the 90day window.

Also, not sure if you already know, but look into subscribe and save and amazon mom to save even more on diapers!

THIS!!  Amazon Mom is one of the best programs out there! I highly recommend it.

• Options
    We used them for 3 wks, at 12-15 diapers/day, so at least 180 diapers for us. She was 7lbs, but a chunky 7lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just bought the 84 box. That's more than enough. They will use the newborns in the hospital & send me home with some. By the time that I'm out of them (well, sooner most likely) he will be over 8lb & fine in the size 1s. I have enough size ones to get me through mat. leave at this point, along with the 1 box of newborns.
  • Options
    We only have a handful of leftovers from previous kids and will use what the hosp give us.  Never did we buy ahead on nb....just too risky and honestly unless your baby is early you probably can go straight to 1s. 
  • Options
    I have a BJ's size box (210 diapers) of size 1.  I have not purchased any NB diapers yet because I don't expect to need them, as DS was 9lbs2oz.  If she comes out smaller, then I will buy some then. 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • Options
    The hospital I delivered at didn't give out NB size.  They only had size 1.  You can use size 1 and then fold over for the umbilical cord.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I bought 140 newborn... I know DS was in them for a good while.  We also have a case of size 1's.  I like the idea of stocking up but I know that every baby is different so I'm afraid to buy too many of any one size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"