LGBT Parenting
Options

Joy!

Tell us about the plans for your legal ceremony.  Any special clothes?  Guests?  Celebration plans?  I know you are trying to keep it low key to honor your original marriage, but I'm just wondering.
Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts

Re: Joy!

• Options

Hi Joy! Happy for you that you will have legal wedding ceremony next month! Yay for Washington! My dad lives there and I went to church with him and saw the propaganda that was being put out. I'm so glad it passed by popular vote! Congrats!

I'm also planning a wedding, but for next year. We will have all our family together in June.

I hope you have a great ceremony and happy news before your big date! 

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options

Thanks for asking!

We are keeping it low key but we're also making it fun and celebrating this win!

We're planning on heading downtown on Wed 12/6 to line-up at 10 to get a license at midnight (the soonest they can issue them) and they'll be signed by the county exectutive who was a supporter of Ref 74 with a pen that the govenour used to sign the bill into law in February.

Then we have to wait until 12/9 to have a legal ceremony. So, Saturday morning we have our close friends flying up from the Bay Area and they'll stay the weekend with us. On Sunday morning we'll head downtown to the big public event at the beautiful city hall where there will be 4 pop-up chapels and a bunch of judges are volunteering their time to perform the ceremonies. It should be big and crowded and crazy (which isn't really our style, but will be fun) and it's free! Our friends will come as our witnesses and anyone else in town that wants to show up, but no family just due to logistics. We'll most likely have a nice dinner out afterward and then maybe do something fun in the evening and maybe get cupcakes (vegan for me and regular for C and our friend) since we had those at our wedding. So, not to much to "plan" 

My biggest consideration right now is what to wear! Definitely a dress, but it's winter and my dresses are either summery or businessy. I'm not sure I want to shop for something, even if I do my budget is small and ultimately I'm not sure what style I'd look for. Suggestions?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That sounds like a really cool plan. I love that you're going to be one of the first couples to get married.

Hmmm, winter dresses are tricky. Maybe something knee length in a rich color like navy or eggplant? Or vintagey knee length ivory lace if you're up for something more weddingy. Last time I was at Macy's they had a lot of ivory lace - it must be in this season. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options
    I was thinking navy or sapphire that I would wear again. I'll have to take a look online and see if I can get some ideas before hitting the stores next week.
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"