Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Losing the baby weight

I lost 22 pounds in the first two weeks post partum, and then it just STOPPED.  I haven't lost a pound since and I have about 30 to lose!  I am eating well and exercising and it is just so discouraging.  I have never weighed so much in my life.  Anyone else struggling?  I stopped breastfeeding/pumping at 3 weeks post partum (not by choice), but the weight loss stopped before then.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Losing the baby weight

• Options

I am so sorry to hear about your weight issues.

I assure you that there are many of us in the same boat.  I, myself, gained 43 pounds during my pregnancy.  This was of course on top of about 20 pounds I wish I hadn't had to start with...lol.  After I delivered I lost about 20 pounds.  But, after that first month I just stalled and haven't lost any weight since.  I have been eating well (mostly,...haha) and have finally been given the ok to exercise lightly, but nothing yet.  I am still breastfeeding, but not exclusively.  I supplement with formula to keep my sanity.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

ugh.

I hear you.  I quit smoking in November 2011 and gained 20 pounds... then got pregnant the next month and gained another 45.  

Lost 20 post partum and have STALLED out completely.  Have NEVER been this heavy.

Am pumping exclusively.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yea, it stinks.  I have 27 lbs to lose and it stinks.  I'm tired of only having 2 pairs of pants that fit.  What's worse is that with DD1 I lost the baby weight without trying and fit my clothes within a couple weeks.  I had false hope.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"