Babies on the Brain

Babies on the Brain

My husband and I are debating on starting TTC or adoption. We know we want to grow our family. The closer we get to TTC the more unsure we get. We're both working on our graduate degrees. Plus we both work full time. I'd like to be a stay at home mom, or at least work part time. Once I get my masters I will be able to teach on a college level part time (I'm not in teaching now). Part of me doesn't want to wait to have a kid, and then another part says wait until after we finish school, but that will be another two whole years. We've been married 4.5 years and have our own home.

Re: Babies on the Brain

• If you think you might not be ready, you probably aren't yet. Maybe you'll wake up 2 days from now and you'll be ready, but if you have goals like finishing school I'd say try to do that first!
    I "know" I'm ready to start trying, pending DH getting onboard. But I'm sure when I do get my BFP I'll still have a moment of oh Lord what have we just done.
    Being nervous is natural, and if you think you might not be ready quite yet, why rush?
  • You'll know when you're ready.  Don't dive into TTC because you feel like you have to, or others around you are.  Whenever is right for you and your H is the right time.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Loading the player...
  • I disagree...slightly.  In my opinion, you never feel 100% ready.  There are always those worries in the back of your mind.  If you really want to start TTC, go for it.  But, PP are right too.  You don't want to TTC simply because you think that you've been married long enough and that it's time to do so.  It's normal to have apprehensions, but don't jump into having kids unless you are ready for the commitment.  Good luck!

• You don't ever feel 100% ready, but I think you already know that you want to finish school first.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • imageGWUAlum:
    My husband and I are debating on starting TTC or adoption. We know we want to grow our family. The closer we get to TTC the more unsure we get. We're both working on our graduate degrees. Plus we both work full time. I'd like to be a stay at home mom, or at least work part time. Once I get my masters I will be able to teach on a college level part time (I'm not in teaching now). Part of me doesn't want to wait to have a kid, and then another part says wait until after we finish school, but that will be another two whole years. We've been married 4.5 years and have our own home.

Good for you for THINKING about timing with your schooling and career! You'll need time to settle into that, at least a tiny bit. My main concern is the highlighted area.

Starting TTC or adoption...why are you considering both, if you don't mind me asking? If you're not sure on the two options, you need to figure that out before you TTC. IMO, just in case you get preggers and 'wasted' time and money on the adoption process. (Not a waste of time or money if that is your goal, your options are what confuse me.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"