Multiples
Options

Twins plus older sibling, let's talk toys

This is not necessarily a problem only for us MOMs, but since we all know the challenges of chasing 2 (or more) babies... I'm hoping ya'll can help....

The babies are now crawling and they spend the entire day chasing after my oldest son's toys. He has  alot of matchbox cars, thomas trains, wooden tracks, etc... things that I'm just not comfortable with the babies playing with b/c its going in their mouths or could poke them in the eye, etc....

I keep trying to stress to my son that he has to put his toys away, but he's 2.5 and the clean-up concept is still hit or miss... meanwhile, I can't keep up with the babies and I'm spending my whole day running interference and am going crazy...

Any suggestions? What worked best for you? I don't want to have to take my oldest's toys away, but I can't be in 3 places at once all the time... ugh.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Twins plus older sibling, let's talk toys

• Options
    Ah yes, I'm dealing with this, all day, every day. All of the toys that are safe for the babies to play with are within everyone's reach. DD1's coloring books and markers/crayons, big girl puzzles, wooden blocks, etc. are out of reach and DD1 can play with them on the floor when the babies are napping or at the dining room table when they are awake. She doesn't mind because she gets to escape the toy area with ''special big girl'' toys.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am not there yet, but am trying to figure it out.I think we will have all the safe toys in reach and gate off an area for my bigger one.So that she can play with her toys and not have to worry about her sisters.

Of course talk to me in a few months.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"