Attachment Parenting

Sidecaring

Does this just mean you take one side off the crib and push it up against your bed?  Is there anything you do to attach it to the bed?

Re: Sidecaring

• Yes! just put the crib, 1 side off, against the bed and put the mattress at a level that is even with yours. I think that there is something you can get to attach the crib to the bed, but I don't think you need it.
    imageimage
  • You can use zip ties or bungee cords. It's a good idea to attach the frames to each other, bc you don't want them moving around. Some people also put strips of stuff between the mistresses so there's no gaps.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • We never attached the crib frame to our bed. We had the crib against the wall and then pushed our bed flush against it. Our bed is heavy and not on wheels, it's a beast to move so we weren't worried about it shifting and causing a space.

However between the two mattresses there was a 2in gap so we shoved a body pillow along the length of the crib between the mattress and the rail to make the two mattresses flush. It was pushed down so it was level with the mattress.

Basically you don't want anything to have gaps or be uneven to prevent suffocation.

imageimage
  • imageBooger+Bear:

We never attached the crib frame to our bed. We had the crib against the wall and then pushed our bed flush against it. Our bed is heavy and not on wheels, it's a beast to move so we weren't worried about it shifting and causing a space.

However between the two mattresses there was a 2in gap so we shoved a body pillow along the length of the crib between the mattress and the rail to make the two mattresses flush. It was pushed down so it was level with the mattress.

Basically you don't want anything to have gaps or be uneven to prevent suffocation.

That's what I'm thinking of doing.  Thanks!  Also, nice to see you over here :-D 

• As an extra precaution, I used a sewing machine to sew our king sheet to the crib sheet, flush with the mattresses so there was really no gap between the beds. The seam was over the joint between the beds so it stayed completely covered.
  • imageEmerald27:
    Yes! just put the crib, 1 side off, against the bed and put the mattress at a level that is even with yours. I think that there is something you can get to attach the crib to the bed, but I don't think you need it.

It definitely needs to be attached somehow so they don't move apart bc then baby can fall in and get stuck....

We used bungee cords and the wall. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH used a heavy rope to very securely attach the crib to our bed. There was no way it would go anywhere. We "converted" it to the toddler bed and attached. For this baby OTW I want to find a better system for filling the gap than I had with my daughter (receiving blankets). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"