Stay at Home Moms

pediatrician question

I feel like this is something I should know. Should I or when should I call our pediatrician to let him know when our 2nd baby is due? With DS we didn't end up choosing our dr until a couple days after he was born and he was just checked by an on call pedi at the hospital. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to register the baby beforehand or what.

Q :  06.25.10
W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

Re: pediatrician question

• We just let our pediatrician know our Due date.  Once we were in the hospital, they notified the pedi's office. Once they were notified, whoever was on hospital rounds for their  office came to see baby at the hospital.
  • My pedi does not have privileges at the hospital where I deliver so we will see the on call pedi while at the hospital. I lucked out because DS had his 2.5 year well visit in October, so I was able to talk to her about the baby and my pregnancy at his appointment.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess we are in the minority having our pedi's office attached to the birthing center. We also only have 3 year check ups, not 2.5.

We have our hospital visit next friday, so maybe I will stop by the office then also and talk to someone.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Our ped knows I'm pregnant (we just saw her this morning) and said there's nothing I need to do. When I register with the hospital I'll let them know what practice we use and they'll have someone from that practice come for our regular ped visits while we're there.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My ped has rights at the hospital where I deliver, so the hospital will tell them when the baby is born. They will visit each day.......
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • With my first I had picked a practice already, so whoever was on call from the office came and checked on her. We didn't meet the doctor I had picked until her first office visit.
  • imageDC2London:
    Your case may be different from mine, bc my pedi doesn't havenbsp;privileges at the hospital where I am delivering, but I just asked for the registration paperwork at DS1's most recent well check and they said I can just call them after DS2 is born to schedule the first appt.nbsp;

This exactly for our babies, word for word. When we saw DD1's dr at her 2 year appt, 2 months before the babies were born, we talked to the dr and front desk staff about what to do.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We didn't do anything ahead of time.  My pediatrician knew I was pregnant because she saw at DS's visits.  She didn't end up being on call when DD was born so someone else from their office came to check her out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"