Stay at Home Moms
Options

Does anyone do a different version of elf on the shelf?

This elf on the shelf craze seems to be very new.  Did you do another version of this when you were a child?

When I was a child my mom always would say "Alfie and Andy are listenimg from the pipes". They were elfs that apparently lived in the water pipes or heating ducks of my house and would report back to Santa.  Just like with Santa, they were magical and we would never see them.  I always thought it was fun and cute amd now they live in the pipes at my house.  From what I have been told, a radio dj told on the air one day that he did it for his kids and i guess my granny thought it was funny so she started.

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone do a different version of elf on the shelf?

• Options
    My parents always said that they had Santa's phone number and would call him throughout the year to give him progress reports on our behaviour. I heard that line so. many. times. each December!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

imagepeacelove&mama:
    My parents always said that they had Santa's phone number and would call him throughout the year to give him progress reports on our behaviour. I heard that line so. many. times. each December!

THIS. My parents used this on my brothers and I starting after Thanksgiving. I do remember a few times "Santa" actually calling my house and talking to him, which was really cool as a kid. Come to find out later on it was my Uncle that called us and my dad would call my Uncles kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejenniann87:

imagepeacelove&mama:

THIS. My parents used this on my brothers and I starting after Thanksgiving. I do remember a few times "Santa" actually calling my house and talking to him, which was really cool as a kid. Come to find out later on it was my Uncle that called us and my dad would call my Uncles kids.

That is such a neat idea for Santa to call the house.  I hope I rember that in a few years. 

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"