Babies on the Brain

Feeling a little left out...

My DH and I recently decided we're going to start TTC in January (yay!).  We're going to wait until we're at least a couple months along to announce our good news, so obviously I don't really have much to tell our friends and family at this point.

However, it seems as though everyone else has their good news to announce lately!  I have three friends tell us they're pg in the last couple of months, and now my younger sister just told us on Thanksgiving she and her DH are pg, too.  Grrr!  I know we're not even going to start TTC for several weeks, but I'm just feeling left behind right now.

Thanks for letting me vent...  :) 

Re: Feeling a little left out...

• You're not being left out.  You're at a time in your life when people are having babies-just like when "everyone" got married around the same time.

Also, keep in mind you may not know everyone's history.  When MH and I announce our pregnancy 97% of them will have NO idea about what we've been through. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKdgTeacher:

You're not being left out.  You're at a time in your life when people are having babies-just like when "everyone" got married around the same time.

Also, keep in mind you may not know everyone's history.  When MH and I announce our pregnancy 97% of them will have NO idea about what we've been through. 

KDG is wise.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Loading the player...
  • Get ready to (possibly) do lots of waiting.  TTC can take some time.  The number of baby announcements seem to triple as soon as you start TTC.  
    my read shelf:
    Nicole's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Vacation
  • Like pp mentioned -

Once you have botb/are ttc it seems like everyone else is pg. You'll have your time to shine and feel excited -- just be patient.
  • Right there with you!  This is our second month trying and I want to be pregnant already!
  • I know exactly how you feel, me and my DH are waiting until we move into our new place in March to TTC since deciding to wait until we are settled into the new place it seems like eveyone around us is announcing their pregnancy! Very frustrating!!!! Angry

Good luck!!!!!  Big Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagesunlavender:
    imageKdgTeacher:

You're not being left out.  You're at a time in your life when people are having babies-just like when "everyone" got married around the same time.

KDG is wise.

I agree.  From being on the bump and my own losses I will never assume that pregnancy came easy to someone.   

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, [email protected], 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo [email protected]

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"