Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How to freeze bananas for teething

I'd like to freeze banana for my son for his teething. Has anyone done this? How did you do it and how did you do it without him choking on it? Some people suggest cutting them in half and monitoring them while they suck on the frozen banana. I just want to make sure he doesn't choke on any tiny pieces.

Re: How to freeze bananas for teething

• Options

i haven't done this but I've heard of this! and of course heard very good things with the results!! lol

when i was reading about the frozen bananas for teething tho, i believe they included some sort of mesh baggy that you put the banana inside of so that all the babies are able to do is suck on it and the mesh baggy kind of strains it so there are no chunks for a choking hazard.

i don't know where you get these and haven't looked for them since we're not to that point yet....if you find them, let me know! lol

good luck! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    ^ you can get them at walmart or target. They have a little handle so they can hold it and the mesh part on it. You can put frozen or non frozen fruit in them.
    Teagan Rae 8-21-12 born on due date/ 9 lbs 4 oz 22 in
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebfstacy:

i haven't done this but I've heard of this! and of course heard very good things with the results!! lol

when i was reading about the frozen bananas for teething tho, i believe they included some sort of mesh baggy that you put the banana inside of so that all the babies are able to do is suck on it and the mesh baggy kind of strains it so there are no chunks for a choking hazard.

i don't know where you get these and haven't looked for them since we're not to that point yet....if you find them, let me know! lol

good luck! 

We used the mesh teethers for DS. I would suggest NOT using bananas though. They are a complete pain in the butt to get the leftover pulp out of the mesh bag. We used frozen peaches and they were a big hit. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm going to try this soon!
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    Ugh I totally agree with not doing bananas in the bags, they are impossible to get clean.  I threw two out because I did bananas.  Blueberries were a huge hit (VERY messy).  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I never heard of this... do they need to be a certain age??  What if they are only eating oatmeal at the moment?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options

imageklasala318:
    I never heard of this... do they need to be a certain age??  What if they are only eating oatmeal at the moment?

I'm pretty sure they can have bananas at 4 months on. I skipped cereals and started him on mashed bananas and avocados. 

• Options
    I tried the frozen banana in a mesh holder and he doesn't like it but he loves bananas! I don't think he likes the fact that its cold or maybe he's just too young to get it. I don't know.....
  • Options

imageericamanuela:
    I tried the frozen banana in a mesh holder and he doesn't like it but he loves bananas! I don't think he likes the fact that its cold or maybe he's just too young to get it. I don't know.....

I think it took a few times for DS to get it. Something to do with the new non food texture.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"