Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Upset about rolling over

DD is 4 months & 4 weeks, last night she discovered she can roll from her back to her belly.  Three problems with that - she hates being on her belly, she cannot roll back over and she will not stop rolling onto her belly.  I have spent almost all day rolling her over and then she cries, so she rolls back to her belly and then she cries!

Anyone else have a LO doing this?  How can I help her to learn how to roll the other way?

ETA - on top of this she has been super fussy since last night too, unless she is eating, which is very unusual for her,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Upset about rolling over

• Options

That's funny, usually they learn to roll from their belly first :)    You could gently help her "tip over" to get her to learn

• Options
    My daughter did the same thing! The only advice I have is to be patient and keep rolling her back over the other direction. I tried to roll my daughter slowly and allow her to help with the movements. I don't know if it helped teach her or not, but it was worth a try! She goes both ways just fine now! She's a pro!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She'll learn on her own to roll back the other way on her own time, it's going to be frustrating for both of you, but it's probably not far away.  Livi didn't mind the rolling and getting stuck thing but when she could get up on all fours and couldn't crawl, she'd rock back and forth and scream in frustration.  Fun times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our LO got better about it the more times she flipped over, the longer I'd let her try and figure it out before I helped her back over.  She doesn't fuss when she rolls over now, unless she's really tired and can't muster the energy to go back the other way.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I could of wrote this post myself!! DS just learned back to stomach rolling and cannot roll back and just starts crying. It's all great during the day but at night when we are both tryin to sleep its a different story! He rolls over to his stomach and just cries until I go to his room and roll him back. The past two nights we must have gotten up at least 4x between my husband and I plus the one feeding I do, it's exhausting! My H commented about how he feels like its newborn days all over again. I can't wait until he can roll back or he gets over the newness of this whole rolling thing and just sleep.
  • Options

imageStarbear06:
    I could of wrote this post myself!! DS just learned back to stomach rolling and cannot roll back and just starts crying. It's all great during the day but at night when we are both tryin to sleep its a different story! He rolls over to his stomach and just cries until I go to his room and roll him back. The past two nights we must have gotten up at least 4x between my husband and I plus the one feeding I do, it's exhausting! My H commented about how he feels like its newborn days all over again. I can't wait until he can roll back or he gets over the newness of this whole rolling thing and just sleep.

Same here, I could have posted this myself!!! 

• Options
    imageericamanuela:

imageStarbear06:

Same here, I could have posted this myself!!! 

We're in the same boat! I'm asking daycare to do extra tummy time to motivate dd too roll from front to back. At this rate she'll never sttn!

• Options
    Yep. Except my LO will be okay on his tummy for a little while to play before he starts crying to say "okay, I need a change of position here!" Eventually he'll figure out how to roll back. He also really seems to want to crawl (putting his knees up under him and "swimming" with his arms and legs."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"