Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Car nbr

So DH car has about a year left w/out dumping a ton of money in it. We are trying to plan for the next car, and know the minivan is the practical choice.
Problem is to get the van we really want for the long haulGPS, video etc.... It is gonna really dip into our savings for the down payment.
Anyway I am terrible st making choices when buying a car any knowledge, good/bad experience or suggestions I would love to hear.

Re: Car nbr

• Options

Why do you need GPS, videos, ect? 

I would look at MPG and safety. Those things are more important to me.  

• Options

We recently bought a 2012 fully loaded Honda Odyssey, and we LOVE it!   As you might already know from your research, the top of the line model with all of the bells and whistles is not cheap, and we definitely dipped into our savings to put a sizable down payment and keep the payments somewhat reasonable.   It helps that my car is paid off, and for now we only have the van payment.

DH's family lives out of state and it's about an eight hour drive to get to them.  The van has proven very worth it for those drives, as the DVD system keeps DD entertained, and it's nice to have room to spread out.  Plus, she can wear headphones to listen to her movie, while DH and I listen to music in the front.   We also love the separate climate controls, so that everyone can set the temperature to their own liking. The automatic doors are a huge help too when we have our hands full, and we love all of the safety features (back up camera, blind spot indicators, rear sensors, etc.).

We bought the van with only DD,  but we are now pregnant with LO #2, and I am so glad we have it.   We have gotten some flack about being "mini-van" people, but I don't care.  it's been awesome!

Good luck with your decision

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"